Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As one of Afterpay’s Compliance Testing Managers, you’ll join our Global Compliance team here at Afterpay. In this position you’ll utilize your internal audit and/or compliance monitoring and testing experience to execute our global monitoring and testing plan, whilst sharing a best practice testing approach across countries. This is a permanent full time position, reporting into our Head of Compliance - Monitoring and Testing.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to come into a team where they will be able to make an immediate impact, work as part of a global team using a data driven methodology.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Assist with the build of a global risk based Monitoring and Testing plan
- Directly lead, coach and support a small team to execute the Monitoring and Testing plan
- Work closely with our exceptional data analyst team to drive and direct our testing plan
- Effectively communicate progress updates with key stakeholders during the testing process
- Report and agree testing results within Compliance and with key business stakeholders
- Provide best practice insights to business stakeholders in response to testing findings
- Contribute to key compliance projects - leading the delivery and implementation of relevant monitoring and testing processes for Afterpay’s policy control framework, key regulatory and code obligations
- Share findings and business actions across jurisdictions to enhance Afterpay’s control framework
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for internal audit and/or compliance testing and have proven experience in delivering monitoring and testing plans
- Experience using data to drive testing objectives and leading, managing and coaching testing resources
- Experience working in financial services, payments or technology environments with a retail or payments focus will be highly regarded
- Experience and exposure to local and/or international testing and regulatory practices
- You’re outcome focused and comfortable working in an evolving environment
- You’re naturally passionate about risk and compliance matters and how they contribute to successful business and community outcomes
- You pride yourself on your strong communication abilities and building relationships
- A willingness to learn, be challenged and be part of a team of like minded people who want to make a difference
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.