Test Manager and Coach (Australia/NZ)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. We can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
This role can be performed anywhere within Australia or New Zealand, we’re fully flexible and fully remote.
About the Test Manager and Coach job:
Employment Hero has a unique take on quality assurance, where we enable our software developers to take ownership of their testing and code quality, by providing the tools to automate testing, coaching them on best practices and approach, and actively being responsible for defects and bug fixes.
As our Test Manager and Coach, you’ll manage our team of Test Automation Engineers / Quality Coaches, providing your team the leadership in working closely with our product and engineering teams.
Alongside your team, you’ll influence, mentor and educate our engineering / product teams’ in testing best practices, developing automation strategies and frameworks across our APIs, web and mobile applications, with the goal of uplifting the quality assurance capabilities of our squads.
Using your extensive test automation experience, you’ll advocate for software testing best practices within a CI/CD environment. For instance, you create automated test scripts reflecting user interaction incorporated into CI/CD and system uptime reporting across a variety of layers (unit, integration, end-to-end, visual-testing, smoke-testing etc).
You’ll assess and make recommendations on effective tooling, as well as be involved in defining operational best practices and runbooks with respect to regular deployments, hotfixes/patches, rollbacks.
You will find yourself employing your experience and knowledge of:
*Front-end frameworks (such as React) with an automation tool (e.g. Selenium or similar);
*Performance metrics and performance test processes;
*REST-based design and microservices;
*Ensuring test quality and coverage across multiple layers (unit, integration, end-to-end, smoke, visual testing)
Ultimately, you’ll own the test coverage, as well as the reporting / metrics, where you’ll measure the impact of the quality strategy, and using these metrics to drive continuous improvements.
Your background and experience:
- A background in managing a team of Test Automation Engineers with a range of experience and seniority.
- Experience coaching product/engineering teams to understand and implement testing and quality best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in measuring and reducing the manual testing load across an organisation.
- Many years experience in developing test strategies and test automation.
- You have a history of critical thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and top-notch influencing and communication skills.
Nice to have:
Degree qualified, Bachelors or Masters or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech + a generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues, + quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop (of course!)
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018