The Team & Role
Canva’s People team has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators in the world.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Canva’s success - we’ve hired some of the best people from all over the world and it takes a curious, tenacious and creative Recruiter to make sure we’re always discovering talent that will take Canva into the future.
As the Design Recruiter, you'll develop meaningful relationships with design stakeholders to understand Canva’s continually evolving Design organisations. You will own the hiring efforts for Product Designers, Brand Designers, Content Designers, Researchers and other specialised roles within our creative & design teams. You'll develop creative recruiting strategies whilst focussing on global sourcing, diversity hiring, and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement. You will be passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience and act as the primary advocate for candidates leading them through the recruiting and interviewing process, connecting them to the magic of working at Canva.
What you'll do
- Sourcing: You’ll be responsible for developing and executing on sourcing strategies that deliver the strongest results and make sure we’re bringing top talent into the design teams.
- Full life-cycle recruiting: You’ll get to own the recruiting process from start to finish, sourcing, interviewing and hiring top talent.
- Diversity strategies: We’re super proud of the diversity of thought we’ve built in our design team however, we’ve only just started. You’ll continue to collaborate with the design team to create diversity and inclusion plans for design hiring.
- Hire the best: Your focus will be on hiring quality candidates with agility and speed. We regularly do Global searches to find the best talent for Canva.
- Partner with your hiring managers: You will work closely with your hiring managers to gain a deeper understanding of how each role fits into Canva.
- Obsess about candidate experience: At Canva we care deeply about our People. Our candidate experience isn’t anything different. You are well-spoken on the phone and articulate over emails. You can effectively share the Canva story, vision and culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- Data-driven: You are always trying to improve our hiring process and you will think with a data-first approach.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced recruitment role and have a successful track record of hiring top design talent.
- You have a keen eye for exceptional and beautiful design
- You value diversity and take pride in building a team that brings together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression.
- You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated Recruiter who loves what you do. You’re able to get into the details and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You’re creative (and know that job adverts and LinkedIn are not the only channels of headhunting candidates). You love to research and understand that the art of sourcing is always evolving. You get stuck into various platforms, technology tools, social networks and databases to uncover the best talent in the world.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations across the role.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders.