We believe customer obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding’. We think what we’re building is an exciting, brand new category of software. Our product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to thousands of customers like Figma, VMware, Shopify, BCG, GitLab, Porsche, Canva, and more.
We're growing rapidly and looking for a Software Engineer to join our Marketing team. Over the next 18 months, you'll support the development across all of our marketing initiatives to improve our brand and customer experience. This will involve building new functionality and maintaining the code behind properties like our kick-ass marketing website, industry-leading blog and ever-evolving help center. You'll collaborate closely with our marketing team to iteratively refresh our brand; and working on projects across email, analytics, web infrastructure, and more. You’ll sit within our Marketing team, and have plenty of opportunities to collaborate and learn from other engineers.
What you'll do
- Join our marketing team. You'll be a crucial part of our marketing team, working closely with the engineering tech lead, and non-technical marketing team and designers to build and evolve Dovetail's Marketing properties.
- Own the code for our marketing properties. These include our marketing website, our blog Method in Madness, and our help center. You’ll also own the development of marketing emails and virtual events, and be involved in relevant work like analytics, website performance monitoring and improvement, and sometimes infrastructure.
- Deliver high-quality software design. You'll work closely with your tech lead to identify, define, design, and implement technical solutions for Dovetail’s Marketing properties, including both frontend and backend development, to create meaningful value for our customers.
- Answer queries about campaign performance. You’ll need to help our non-technical marketing team by instrumenting analytics using technologies like Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics; write queries in SQL to answer campaign performance questions; and build marketing analytics dashboards using tools like Metabase and Segment.
- Experience building web products. You’ll need recent React experience, ideally with TypeScript, with an emphasis on performant code. Familiarity with CSS-in-JS tooling (emotion or styled-components) and headless CMS platforms like Contentful and Gatsby are also great plusses. Experience building web properties for SEO and creating analytics dashboard like Metabase.
- You are pragmatic and flexible. Like your new teammates, you're used to doing what's necessary to get the job done. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
- When you do it, you nail it. You share our keen eye for quality. You don't half-ass your work, instead what you ship is top-notch. You cut scope before cutting quality. Our marketing sites and brand are the main ways we drive new customer acquisition, so they have to be beautiful, polished, fast, and mobile-friendly.
- Excellent, concise communicator. You can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with your team and easily communicate technical updates to non-technical people.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we have an office-first culture, you're still able to work from home when it suits you.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!