Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
About the opportunity
We are searching for an ML Engineer to help us elevate our core capability in machine learning for natural language. As part of the NLP team, you’ll work with data scientists and other engineers to develop, deploy, and operate models and APIs that power rich text analytics features across Culture Amp’s product suite.
Collaborating with other product teams, the NLP team helps integrate NLP features into all aspects of our products. This will include things like sentiment analysis of survey comments, semantic search and clustering of those comments in survey reports, contextual guidance for managers writing performance reviews, identification of measurable and achievable goals, and more.
Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will be surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as sharing your knowledge with them as well.
Some of our upcoming work you'll get a chance to get involved in;
- Build and deploy models to identify and classify features of performance feedback
- Develop APIs to serve real-time inferences from our models
- Implement a platform for internal users to label training data
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Python software engineering skills
- Experience with various stages of the ML lifecycle: data labeling, training, CI/CD, deployment, versioning, monitoring, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Some exposure to natural language processing tools (e.g. Spacy, Hugging Face)
- Experience working with cloud platforms and infrastructure
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.