Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Our Product Marketing team leads go-to-market strategy for new launches, works closely with product to inform product roadmaps & strategy, and executes campaigns to drive production adoption & growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Afterpay, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Brand, Sales, Design, Content, Growth & Acquisition, and Communications teams. Our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch, to growing product adoption post-launch.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to improve and drive deeper engagement across the merchant lifecycle! This will include a focus on Afterpay integrations into new payment platforms, the merchant On-Boarding experience and the Afterpay Business Hub, a one-stop-shop for everything a merchant needs to manage their Afterpay account, get insights, and optimize Afterpay on their sites.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- As the product marketer for the Merchant Experience, you will identify opportunities to drive greater conversion and retention across the lifecycle, lead new feature launch campaigns, and use insights to influence the product roadmap!
- Lead the global Go-to-market strategy for merchant focused products and features
- Partner with Product and SMB Marketing to optimize the merchant on-boarding experience, including all in-product and marketing touchpoints
- Create content, such as videos, blogs, and 1-pagers, to help educate and engage merchants during the on-boarding process and beyond
- Partner with Product to influence roadmap plans based on customer, sales and market feedback
- Lead launches from ideation to refreshes. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the smooth roll out of product, content, tools, and processes
- Work with SMB Lifecycle marketing to launch new communication channels and programs to driver deeper engagement and retention with Afterpay merchants
- Partner with B2B marketing teams to create engaging sales enablement content to drive feature adoption and product usage.
- Optimize service strategies to enable self-service models and reduce technical and product support times for merchants.
- Work with regional B2B marketing teams to identify localized messaging and programs to ensure merchant experience strategies are in place for success
- Work alongside Partner Marketing teams to ensure channels partners and strategic partners create consistent experience across platforms.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You will be an equal parts analyzer, strategist, and implementer, who likes digging into the details of the merchant experience and enjoys developing engaging and informative B2B content.
- Strong, demonstrable relevant work experience in product marketing or B2B marketing
- Proven track record of building strong cross-functional relationships across a diverse group! You influence with ease and can build strong, trusted relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with the ability to synthesize a complex situation into a concise plan
- You are a Data and analytical driven individual, A team player who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented
- You have a deep understanding of how SMBs think and operate and a track record of growing new product adoption!
- Ultimately, you thrive in ambiguity, love to work to pace and love to bring your innovative ideas to the table. Collaboration is at the heart of everything that you do, you keep it real, do the right thing and you are bold in your decision making!
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!