THE ICONIC Finance & Commercial Team consists of Financial Reporting (Accounts Payable, Payroll, Reporting and Control) , Financial Planning & Analysis, Risk and Procurement. As trusted Business Partners, we support all Teams across THE ICONIC to execute the business strategy, drive growth and shareholder value and minimise risk, enabling THE ICONIC to continue to deliver a seamless and inspiring experience to our customers.
The role of Business Partner - Operations reports into the CFO, sits within our FP&A Team, and is responsible for business partnering with the Operations Team to manage and report on the cost base of the Operations function, prepare budgets and forecasts, support business case development for strategic investment initiatives, and provide ongoing commercial and analytical support to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the senior Operations Team and the CFO and broader Finance Team.
You move incredibly quickly and are comfortable with answering rapid-fire questions that business users have about a wide range of topics. You love to immerse yourself in data and to pull valuable information out of our systems and drive ‘insights-to-action’ across the business. You have a highly analytical mind with a structured, logical way of thinking that will be critical to success in this role. You also have well-honed business writing skills that enable you to derive and communicate the narrative.
- Partner with a large number of stakeholders including the COO, Head of Fulfilment Operations, Head of Customer Service, the Delivery Experience Manager and the Fulfilment Strategy Team to prepare budgets/forecasts and support business case development for both Operations-supported initiatives/projects and operating costs
- Analyse Operations’ spending (operating cost and capital) trends, and prepare reports and analysis of the results for reporting purposes
- Preparation of dashboards and analysis of Operations KPIs to provide value-add insights on performance
- Continuously improve current Operations reporting, extracting information to provide meaningful reports, analysis and ideas for improvements, including automation of reports and models
- Modelling and decision support on new initiatives across fulfilment operations, delivery and customer service
- Manage the annual budget and mid-term planning processes
- Identification of risks and opportunities to budget/forecast
- Preparation of business cases for capital investment
- Finance Operations lead on a number of cross-functional projects
- Manage one direct report
Why You’ll Succeed
- I have a keen sense of ownership and drive to see projects through to an outcome, on time and to a high quality standard
- I have proven experience in collaborating with an Executive Team and Senior Leaders to enable effective decision making around capex projects (ROI, payback etc.) and prioritisation of resources
- I enjoy building stakeholder relationships and have a passion for influencing business decision making
- I have a strong grasp of all areas of the retail value chain and how this translates to a P&L and cash flow
- I am in my element building and managing financial models for forecasts, variance analysis and ad hoc problem solving
- I’m curious. I love to interpret data, analyse business trends and performance and provide insightful analysis to drive effective decision-making
- I have a strong attention to detail, even in high-intensity and pressure situations
- I have a tolerance for ambiguity and I am as comfortable dealing with directional ‘top-down’ analytics as with complex ‘bottom up’ financial modelling
- I have a strong work ethic that enables me to succeed in a high-pressure environment
Superpowers (what it takes)
- 7+ years experience as a commercial manager or similar, preferably in the retail industry
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to win the trust and respect of stakeholders. You lead conversations: Influencing, building relationships, and communication are skills you pride yourself on
- Proactive, not reactive: not merely identifying issues, but proposing solutions. You challenge business results, identify opportunities for future improvement and suggest appropriate actions/mitigations
- You have the ability to translate the numbers into a business story
- CA or CPA qualified, numbers are your passion!
- Excellent communicator with strong, clear, concise writing and presentation skills
- Fantastic time management - you can handle doing 10 jobs at once
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and financial modelling skills
- Experience with analytics tools and maybe even SQL (a definite plus!)