The Pepperstone story started in 2010. Our team describes us as a place for the creative and the driven. We’re a team who do things a little differently: we’re a global fintech that was born digital, nimble, connected, and united in our purpose to truly support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery. Our people are motivated to develop their careers in FinTech in a vibrant and fast-paced environment. We thrive on progress – for our traders and for ourselves. We possess a unique organisational culture, combined with a vibrant and fast-paced working environment for driven people who want to grow their career in finance and do so with one of the world's fastest-growing FX brokers.
We're looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to join our growing Melbourne team. We're currently undergoing a digital transformation, which means there are many greenfield opportunities, a progressive technology and language stack, as well as lots of autonomy. You'll be joining a newly formed team led by an Engineering Manager who is a people-first technology leader keen to support their team's personal and career development.
Our Pre-Trade team is responsible for the delivery of our Mobile and Web capability. Building and owning our brand-new Mobile App (React Native) and Web App (React, likely Next.js) consuming headless content management systems, with opportunities to work across both in this role. Help us build out the new platform for the next evolution of Pepperstone.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in this role, you will:
- Contribute to and provide technical leadership within your team to drive engineering best-practices in our front-end applications and continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Champion application performance and optimisation of the website.
- Work closely with our product manager, dogfooding our own platform to build out our Pre-trade user experiences and Integrate with trading platform API’s.
- Build out BFFs or other supporting services where required.
- Provide technical support to other teams to enable their development within the web platform and iterate based on feedback to improve the platform.
- Design, implement, and support our build and deployment pipelines to support rapid application delivery.
- Write automated tests to support quality software and application delivery into our CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist in the design and development of a foundational platform, ready for contribution from other teams.
- Help maintain, prioritise, and plan a running technical backlog of work.
- Contribute to architecture and design in collaboration with the Engineering Lead.
- Contributing to the improvement of software development lifecycle processes
- Working within an agile environment and contributing to continuous improvement of our processes.
As our Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll have:
- Experience with modern front-end development languages and tools (React, npm, Webpack or next generation bundlers, TypeScript, and modern approaches to styling)
- Strong product sense to contribute back to design UI & UX
- Experience using performance profiling tools in web browsers and interpreting their results.
- Experience developing front-end applications where performance and security is a primary focus.
- Exposure to AWS or similar and experience deploying simple applications to cloud infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tooling.
- Strong understanding of software design and development principles, and best practices in fundamental programming techniques and concepts
- Strong experience in Agile development, familiarity with CI/CD and an agile team environment/tools (Jira/Trello)
It's desirable (but not essential!) that you have these:
- Some experience with and understanding of backend technologies (any of: Node, Java, GoLang, C++, Rust, Python)
- Previous experience with Trading platforms and architectures
- Experience working on a “Platform as a Product” with the associated mindset.
- Experience developing or contributing to internal component libraries.
Perks & Benefits:
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible working arrangements – we value work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Ongoing Personal Development & Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Frequent team events and celebrations
Pepperstone is an online Forex and CFD Broker providing traders across the globe with cutting-edge technology to trade the world’s markets. Our award-winning combination of outstanding customer service coupled with incredibly low-cost pricing across all FX, CFDs, and Commodities has resulted in Pepperstone being one of the world’s fastest-growing FX brokers. Our focus is to support every one of our customers’ quests for trading mastery.
Check out what our team is saying on Glassdoor!
Please express your interest by applying through our Pepperstone Careers page as soon as possible! https://pepperstonecareers.com/
Pepperstone is an equal opportunity employer.