Pilot Manufacturing Planner
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
This role will be able to influence change and support Baraja’s growth as we evolve as a manufacturing organization. This is an exciting time to be in the company and you will play a key role on the supply chain team. As we are a start-up, there are a myriad of growth and development opportunities within the organization that one may not see in larger and more established companies.
Inside the Job
- Work with the Pilot Manufacturing Manager and Procurement Manager to ensure plans are in place to meet the demand plan at all times.
- Coordinate with Pilot Manufacturing on the amount of material (raw component & semi-finished goods) required for pilot and prototyping builds. This includes change management and communication to relevant stakeholders of the plan.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
- Analyse BOMs to determine critical path constraints and perform product lead time analysis.
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff.
- Define and maintain the strategic inventory policy for raw materials and finished goods.
- Manage inventory levels at internal and external locations to ensure customer order fulfilment.
- Manage clear to build/stock issues. Coordinate with purchasing manager on materials issues.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve customer shipment issues and supplying shipping information as needed.
- Monitors schedule performance against plan to maintain priorities and meet established schedules by meeting on a regular basis with cross-functional teams to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identifying underlying problems.
- Provide support for other supply chain or manufacturing tasks.
- 5+ years’ experience as a material planner.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Understanding the impacts, the costs, production, manufacture, and customer order fulfilment.
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills with an attention to details.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!