At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The team and role
Canva’s People Team is on a mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is in finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. We're looking for a junior HR business partner to join our collective and help take our teams to the next level.
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with our broader People team, team leads and all our people to coach, navigate & solve problems, and develop & launch programs to support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams and individuals to succeed.
This role will work closely with and assist a Senior People Partner, supporting leads and team members in our Content & Discovery group across all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including workforce planning & hiring, onboarding, learning, performance management, compensation reviews, global mobility and employee relations. You will also support organisational development initiatives such as culture surveys & action planning, employee development & succession planning, and organisational change initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Help build a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, goal-driven organisation design etc. while contributing your unique insights from a People & Culture perspective
- Together with the Senior People Partner, act as a single point contact for people matters for the Content & Discovery group
- Work with the Senior People Partner to identify challenges and opportunities within your dedicated group and support the development of high impact people plans and strategies to maximise engagement
- Partner with first time coaches and leaders to support their ongoing development, upskill them to deliver company-wide people programs, continually fostering a feedback culture
- Support Senior People Partners to develop and roll out programs to enhance hiring, onboarding, performance, learning, and team growth & development
- Manage ER cases, guide and coach team leads on the full gamut of people opportunities and issues, handling sensitive issues effectively and being a trusted advisor
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the people & culture space, with ideally 1 year experience supporting technology teams as a HR Business Partner
- You have a passion for developing great people and organisations
- Excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, coaching, talent management, compensation practices, onboarding, offboarding, and employee relations
- Ability to context switch and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- You’ll have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail and be able to balance the big picture with short term needs / initiatives
- Data driven and results focussed, experienced with both quantitative and qualitative data — tracking, measuring and evaluating outcomes to demonstrate impact
- You demonstrate a high degree of judgement and can juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve supporting someone with parental leave questions, dealing with a performance issue, and rolling out a new talent development program
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, energised by change, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations