VALD is the world leader in technology for the allied health industry, providing innovative human-measurement technology to 4,500 clients in over 100 countries. If you have a favorite team in the NBA, EPL, or NFL, there's a good chance they use VALD Technologies.
Years on from its humble beginnings in Brisbane, Australia, VALD has grown to a team of over 220 team members in 29 countries, with three offices across Australia, the UK and USA.
Driven by a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians, sports scientists, designers, developers and engineers, VALD’s suite of systems offer unparalleled insight into human movement, performance, injury risk and rehabilitation.
About the role
VALD is building the world’s largest musculoskeletal database, with over two billion data points and counting. Using this data, we can help practitioners to objectively assess patients’ progress and make more accurate, data-informed treatment decisions. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our growing team and build the technical foundations for VALD’s future growth.
In this role, you will:
- Aggregate millions of test results into a repository of normative data so that practitioners can easily compare their patients’ performance to a reference group.
- Maintain our existing monitoring reports and develop new dashboards in Power BI as needed.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to ensure the company’s data models are fit for purpose.
- Develop and implement A/B experiments to support informed decision-making within the Product team.
- Support VALD’s commercial strategy by conducting market analyses and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Be a trusted partner for the Product, Client Services, Marketing, and Support teams.
- Prototype machine learning models in outlier detection, computer vision and other relevant areas.
Is this you?
This role is a fantastic opportunity within a fast-growing team. It's suited to someone with a positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. The ideal candidate will bring:
- Hands-on experience in using data analytics to solve commercial problems.
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, Python, R, and BI software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Looker, or Qlik).
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and thrive in a startup environment.
- Desire to deliver solutions in the human movement domain.
An opportunity to be part of revolutionizing the health and performance industries is just the beginning when you join VALD. Named in LinkedIn's Top 25 Startups for 2022 in Australia, VALD's best asset is not our technology but our people and culture.
We have a range of benefits we offer to our team, such as:
- The opportunity to work in a company that is redefining allied healthcare.
- Learn from a range of high-performing individuals and teams across a range of disciplines.
- Be part of a down-to-earth, inclusive and vibrant team.
- Chefs that prepare you delicious fresh breakfast and lunch.
- On-site barista to make your coffee just as you like it.
- Team gym, masseuse, and access to physiotherapy and exercise physiology services.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
VALD’s best asset is not our technology but our people and culture. A culture of inclusion and diversity is critical to our business. We know diverse teams perform better. It's not a separate initiative – we aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment and embracing diversity, including gender, nationality, disability, age, marital/parental status, ethnicity, gender identity, socioeconomic background and sexual orientation. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
In your cover letter, please share with us why you think your experience is relevant to this role and how this opportunity fits into your longer-term career goals. We can't wait to meet you and discuss what a career with VALD could look like for you!
Successful applicants will be subject to background checks (including identity and criminal record)