Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
We’re looking for a great Principal Product Manager to manage Afterpay’s Payments compliance (acquiring and issuing) and related initiatives. This PM will partner with enterprise compliance, legal, sales, merchant services, analytics and engineering teams to manage our scheme and payments compliance obligations. The PM will be responsible for developing initiatives to continuously maintain compliance.
The Principal Product Manager will be familiar with schemes and payments compliance, ideally across both acquiring and issuing. The PM will define success metrics and go-to-market strategies to minimise impact, maximise opportunity and ensure compliance. This PM will be responsible for payments and scheme compliance globally.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Understand and interpret obligations for compliance and translate this to epics and requirements for engineering teams to action.
- Work cross-functionally with our sales, merchant services, analytics and engineering teams globally to champion and drive compliance understanding and education and act as the business’s SME
- Manage the compliance aspect of our scheme and payments partner relationships and obligations to these parties
- Work closely with other Payments Product Managers to plan and prioritise compliance initiatives within a central backlog
-Serve as a SME for your product area across the organisation and influence key stakeholders throughout Afterpay to align intent, prioritisation and resources
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
- 5+ years of Product Management in financial services or a similarly complex industry is mandatory.
- Previous experience in a fin-tech is highly desirable.
- A proven track record of owning and delivering against OKRs with strong examples of benefits tracking and realisation post launch.
- Experience working to deliver mobile solutions to end consumers and the unique challenges across both iOS and Android platforms.
- Deep experience working within a cross functional team to advocate for the customer experience and drive towards clear OKRs - Including benefits tracking post release.
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation to continually evolve the customer experience and hit OKRs.
- Successful track record of working across multiple stakeholders and geolocations.
- Adept at testing and measurement of experiences and diagnosing problems through usability research and analytics.
- Must have a collaborative nature combined with the ability to Get Stuff Done in a way that empowers others.
- Exceptional prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Ability to focus, drive clarity and effectively communicate across a range of stakeholders.
- A can do attitude coupled with a growth mindset.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing.
Once we are back in the office, you will enjoy working from our beautiful office spaces and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly, not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks’ paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.