Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people with disability the tools to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 100,000 registered users and support workers in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
Data at Hireup is about hearing the voice of our community and being able to listen to our users at scale. It ensures that our community is always at the forefront of our strategy and product development, and allows all of our employees to stay in touch with our users. The data team leverages our capability as an online platform to better understand our customers & business, define major opportunities for creating shared value, and build data products that serve both our community and internal teams.
The Data Science and Intelligence Manager will take responsibility for Hireup's data capabilities, ensuring that our data maturity is evolving faster than the business in order to embed a data-led approach to everything we do. Passionate about Data and Intelligence, you are a people leader with exceptional business acumen, an innate curiosity for better understanding our business, a natural ability to influence and a desire to drive meaningful impact through your work and the work of your team.
Priorities - the work
Accelerate and unleash the data capabilities of Hireup, including:
- Driving a culture of experimentation through owning our experimentation protocols and reporting framework, and ensuring these are executed with discipline across the company
- Ensuring all teams in the business have easy access to data & knowledge
- Upskilling and educating teams/people across the company in data
- Developing data products that drive value for both customers and internal teams
Grow and develop the capabilities of the Data team, including:
- Lead our team of data scientists and analysts, focusing on capability development & progression
- Provide ‘bottom up’ support to the team in prioritising, approaching and delivering high quality initiatives
- Continually improve team operations and ways of working
- Drive a culture of candid feedback, team collaboration and peer-to-peer accountability
- Manage data tooling, systems & pipelines, including logging & event protocols
Refine and optimise how the Data team operates within the business, including:
- Refining the team’s structure & model of engagement to maximise shared value and strong mutual outcomes
- Building strong relationships & trust with Senior Leaders
- Taking ownership of ‘Data as a service’ to maximise operational efficiency
Work in a close partnership with our Head of Growth, Data & Insights and Insights Lead to ensure we have an exceptional and growing understanding of our customers & business, and that we use this knowledge to execute effective product and growth strategies.
- Skills - the person7+ years’ corporate experience across data analytics, data science or business/product strategy
- Strong people leadership experience and a proven ability to accelerate the growth of those you support
- Brings a commercial and customer mindset to help drive decision making
- Natural influencer who builds trusted relationships across the business
- Deeply curious and driven to grow a better understanding of both business and customers
- Self-starter, highly proactive and adaptable - able to regularly shift between priorities while providing clear direction to others
- Solid understanding of experimentation protocols with a proven ability to learn through doing
- Experience in a range of data tools, languages and architectures
- Able to thrive in a rapid-paced, agile working environment
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply below or for more information about the role and how it fits within Hireup, contact Ria Coutinho on [email protected]