Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real-world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by investors including Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
As a Senior Scrum Master at Prospection you will work closely with cross-functional software engineering squads to refine our agile processes, identify and mitigate risks and keep work flowing smoothly. You’ll be working closely with engineering, product, UX and delivery teams. This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Guide and coach the squads on agile principles and practices.
- Ensure that team ceremonies are booked in, run and well-facilitated. These include planning and estimation, daily stand-ups and retrospectives. In this role you will have the opportunity to refine or redefine these processes.
- Regularly review and reflect on team practices to ensure they are still providing the desired value.
- Assist the team with the removal of impediments and blockers, while coaching the team on how to resolve or avoid them blockers and also coach the team(s) to resolve them.
- Work closely with Product and Delivery Managers to identify highest priority/valuable items. Use this knowledge to help the squads plan work items for upcoming iterations.
- Coordinate the ongoing delivery, maintain a release plan ensuring Squads and stakeholders understand how planned work is tracking.
- Identify and help resolve bottlenecks within the team’s delivery process.
- Contribute to building a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
The outcomes of this role include:
- The squads have a shared understanding of their current work, and upcoming work in their backlog. This understanding is both technical (‘How shall we build it?) and customer-oriented. (‘Why are we building it?’)
- Tasks are broken down and appropriately sized. Cross-squad dependencies are identified and where possible eliminated by restructuring the work.
- Work with teams to identify process bottlenecks, and drive continuous improvement.
- Report on team metrics to assist with incremental delivery and flow improvements.
- The engineering squads and their stakeholders have a common understanding of their capacity to commit to work.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organisation.
Ideally you will have prior experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience working with Agile teams. This could be as an Agile Delivery Lead or similar roles such as Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Iteration Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive working relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate well in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Flexibility to deal with conflicting and changing priorities. Comfortable facilitating discussion on alternative approaches.
- High level knowledge of a broad range of agile approaches to software delivery, such as Lean, Kanban and Scrum.
- A high level understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles.
- Sound knowledge of JIRA.
You might also have this experience:
- Experience working across a range of different company types, including startups and larger enterprises.
- Direct experience with multiple software development methodologies, such as Lean, Kanban and Scrum.
- Direct experience working in (or working towards) a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Flexible and remote working options
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve
- Great team culture
- Lots to learn
Vision & Values
Integrity - Always do the right thing
Collaboration – Everyone plays, everyone contributes
Customer focus – Get to the heart of the matter, create impact beyond expectations
Innovation – Bring the future into the present
Expert – Be the “go-to” person
As a team player, you enjoy learning new skills from your colleagues and sharing your knowledge with others. You should have a strong work ethic, whilst making time to have fun at the end of the day.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume.
*Note: For the time being our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects remotely or from home. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.