How you will impact the team's success
FrankieOne today is a team of 20 enthusiastic and passionate people, though given our growth we are expecting to be 40 people in the next 6 months! As we scale it's super important we don't drop our quality standards, hence we want to take special care in our QA frameworks and practices.
You can play a fundamental role in shaping our QA framework and making a huge impact! As you can appreciate, working in the Identity and Fraud prevention space, quality and accuracy are paramount. Our development team is doing an awesome job and we see that by growing our QA department we will help them create even better solutions. As a key member of the development team you will build and deliver best practice quality processes, work with other members of the team to enhance their testing capability and ensure we release high-quality solutions without restricting the creative process. You will also be responsible for helping celebrate when milestones are reached!
- 2+ years experience in a QA/testing role (although open to any support experience)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum environments ideal
- Testing experience across various test phases
- Experience developing and adapting quality processes
- Exposure to building end-to-end functional tests to exercise the entire system
- Experience with API testing and mocking
- Exposure to working in a startup desirable
- Contribute to building our quality processes and tweak it over time to ensure it is relevant and best of breed
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc)
- Work with product and design to understand the service to be able to create test cases and help define "Done"
- Work with both the front-end and back-end engineering team to understand how the service will be built and how best to integrate testing from the outset
- Review requirements, technical specifications, and highlight any gaps
- Undertake test planning and execution activities across all phases of the development lifecycle
- Prepare test designs, test cases, test data and other testing assets
- Execute tests, logging test results and following up defects through to resolution
- Review test documentation produced by others in the team to help ensure appropriate test coverage is achieved
- Create and escalate defects as required
- Seek to continuously improve the product
More about you:
You are a stickler for detail and you love the idea of being pivotal in delivering brilliant software and not just stopping average software being released. You love collaborating with like-minded people and creating quality outcomes. You enjoy a challenge and you bring some fun at the same time.
Studies have shown that while men are comfortable applying for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the selection criteria, women and other marginalised folk generally hold back unless they feel like they've met it all. Part of inclusivity is creating opportunities for those most impacted by institutional barriers. So we want to encourage you to apply -- even if you don't tick every box.