Impact to our community
The Influx Data Integration team is looking for a Senior Engineer to join their team. The Influx Data Integration team helps provide customer intelligence to our products and marketing efforts. We deal with huge amounts of behaviour data and build flexible, reliable systems that use that data to support search and discovery optimisation and targeted messaging.
A Senior Engineer provides technical and delivery leadership for a team of engineers working on specific projects. This role will work with stakeholders and other engineers to design and implement technical solutions for the business in a way that balances quality, cost, time and maintainability.
You will have built and managed large scale, web facing systems serving millions of requests a month while still supporting many deploys a day. You understand that configuring and managing this scale of infrastructure requires a fully-automated infrastructure provisioning toolset. You need to have a broad knowledge of system administration, networking, databases, security, storage and performance and have expertise in at least one of these disciplines.
We value people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done while keeping the big goals in sight. As a Senior Engineer, you'll be part of a team that supports the wider engineering team to ensure the reliability of Envato's websites. Here's a snapshot of your day-to-day:
- Availability: work to increase the mean-time-between-failures and decrease the mean-time-to-repair of public-facing systems
- Monitoring: contribute to the improvement of the monitoring and measurement systems that support our operational scale and continuous delivery
- Operations: help the engineering team to operate the systems required to deliver the sites
- Emergency Response: take part in the roster to support the site after normal office hours, troubleshoot live production issues, facilitate the response to emergency situations, and review incidents and make recommendations based on lessons learned
- Performance, Efficiency & Latency: contribute to the measurement techniques that assist in the performance tuning of the applications stack, use the monitoring systems to help maintain application performance at acceptable levels, and recommend and implement performance improvements across the stack
- Security & Risk: participate in the ongoing process to identify and mitigate risk in Market systems
- Capacity Planning: use our monitoring to advise on capacity requirements
- Developing: write clean, well thought out and reliable code (we don't have analysts, testers or system administrators)
- Commercial Ruby on Rails experience
- Solid TDD experience
- Experience developing and maintaining high volume/scale web apps
- Past experience in agile environments
- Excellent understanding of Cloud infrastructure management
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks