VALD is the world leader in technology for the allied health industry, providing innovative human-measurement technology to 4,500 clients in over 100 countries. If you have a favorite team in the NBA, EPL, or NFL, there's a good chance they use VALD technologies.
Seven years on from its humble beginnings in Brisbane, Australia, VALD has grown to a team of over 200 team members in 29 countries, with three offices across Australia, the UK and USA.
Driven by a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinicians, sports scientists, designers, developers and engineers, VALD's suite of technology offer unparalleled insight into human movement, performance, injury risk and rehabilitation.
About the role
We have an opportunity for newly created Chief Financial Officer to join the team and lead VALD across our global markets. As a critical member of the executive team, you will have the ability to think strategically whilst rolling up your sleeves to drive and support the financial strategy and vision of VALD.
VALD is a global scaling business, with multiple subsidiaries and 85% of revenue coming from our overseas subsidiaries. VALD's growth has doubled year on year since inception.
This role will see you partner with and report directly to the CEO and Board. You will collaborate with an established commercial and in-house legal team. join an experienced finance department. An opportunity exists to drive transformation of the finance function, leveraging your experience to achieve key outcomes.
Key tasks aligned with this role will include:
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance team
- Review and analyse financial results to provide insight into operational performance
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and executive leaders
- Identify top-line growth opportunities whilst implementing internal cost control initiatives
- Maximise VALD’s financial strength through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies
- Identify business drivers and translate data into key decision supporting insights
- Take ownership and analyze budgeting and forecast processes and advise on required changes
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Oversee the annual audit process in conjunction with the Financial Controller
- Oversee all aspects of financial operations for inventory costing and control as well as asset management
- Establish and develop relations with the board, executive leaders and external stakeholders
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Engage with department leaders to actively promote a culture of collaboration and inclusiveness
You will be challenged to deliver commercial input to accelerate expansion locally and across global markets.
You’re a natural leader that can add value across the entire business, with a key attention to detail. To be successful in the role, you are:
- A technically sharp, commercially orientated leader
- You have already had CFO experience in the Tech industry, ideally in a high growth company
- You ideally have experience in the Healthcare and/or SaaS sectors
- You have experience in managing group structures that include overseas entities and customer revenues
- You have a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in developing financial plans for high growth Saas business models
- You take a team development and coaching seriously to encourage growth
- Commercial acumen and a knack for building and shaping businesses (and teams) in a high growth mode
You will be working with an executive leadership team in a fast-paced, dynamic company that has a culture around the belief that anything is possible with hard work, creativity, dedication, and good timing.
VALD's best asset is not our technology but our people and culture. We have a range of benefits we offer to our team. Some of our perks and benefits include:
- Competitive market salary and equity in a down-to-earth, inclusive and vibrant work environment
- Conveniently located in Newstead
- Flexible working environment, with a casual dress code – no more corporate attire, T–shirts are the norm.
- Table tennis, basketball hoop, end-of-trip facilities with bike and scooter racks if that’s your thing.
- Chefs that prepare you delicious fresh breakfast and lunch every day!
- On-site barista to make your coffee just as you like it.
- Team gym, remedial massage therapy, subsidised access to physiotherapy and exercise physiology services.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
While the successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, we are committed to growing and empowering an inclusive VALD team. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.