Hello, we’re Brosa…
And it’s our mission to make it simple for people to create a home they’ll love. Founded in Melbourne in 2014, we’re famous for our uncomplicated and straightforward shopping experience. We’re one of Australia’s fastest-growing consumer brands and are proud to be making waves in the $14B home and living industry. Brosa is backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Venture Capital funds, including AirTree Ventures and Bailador.
We are looking for a seasoned Category Manager who will work with our Chief Commercial Officer and focus on improving and enhancing our customer's perceptions of our range, quality and value and will be responsible for delivery of key business metrics including revenue/growth, gross margin and optimising inventory mix.
The successful candidate for this role will excel at developing and executing a clear customer focused commercial sales plan that is aligned to the overarching business strategy as well as work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure delivery of the same. You will need to be equally comfortable taking pricing, inventory as well as work with marketing in your stride as well as managing trade offs between conflicting metrics such as revenue and margins. Ultimately you will need to keep the customer and business objectives at the heart of all decision making.
What makes the Brosa team awesome…
Mission-Driven - Our team is made up of curious problem solvers who are all working together towards our mission - we’re in this together.
Innovative Founders - The founding members of Brosa have instilled an entrepreneurial spirit into every corner of the business. We’re encouraged to test and pursue our bold ideas.
Growth Mindset - We’re dedicated to learning as much as possible to reach our potential and position Brosa as a home and living industry leader.
Diversity - We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe this is key to our success because it enables us to develop new ways of working that drive innovation.
Customer Champions - At the core of everything we do, we are driven by a desire to deliver a fantastic experience that delights our customers.
As a Category Manager at Brosa, you’ll get to:
- Drive delivery of growth/revenue, discount, gross margin and days of inventory targets for the entire business using the levers of price, promotions, onsite merchandising, inventory.
- Develop forward looking category sales plans including promotions, new product launches and other marketing stories along with Marketing and content teams to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Own the pricing mandate for the business relying on deep competition and consumer insight to maximise gross margin opportunities.
- Work along with operations and planning teams to continuously improve the health of the inventory holding by focusing on maximising throughput.
- Keep constant contact with consumers through direct-to-consumer initiatives including surveys, home visits and panels and also through regular interaction with other consumer facing teams at Brosa.
- Analyse competitors, and keep abreast of category trends and the industry as a whole.
What you bring to the table
We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes, because we know the right person for the job will be able to learn what they need to succeed in their role. That’s why our recruitment team focuses on value-alignment when hiring. So don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t have a university degree, have recently switched careers, or even have career gaps - you’re welcome to apply regardless.
- 5-7 years experience in a category manager/brand manager / revenue manager or equivalent role preferably in an ecommerce or DTC environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work very cross functionally
- Strong program management skills
More Than a Job
Flexible Working Arrangements - We trust you to get your work done and so we offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Build Connections - We host regular celebrations and social events so you can connect with your team members.
Great Perks - You’ll enjoy a generous discount on Brosa products and paid leave on your Birthday.
Support - We believe supporting your mental health is fundamental, that is why we offer a weekly mindfulness practice and an Employee Assistance Program.
What is the interview process like at Brosa?
We've tailored our hiring process for each role's requirements because no two roles are alike, but you can always expect that we:
- Provide prompt communication and helpful feedback
- Spend time understanding what you need because we want to be a good fit for you too
- Have recruiters and hiring managers that respect your time
- Strive for a transparent and honest exchange
Diversity is key at Brosa
We believe that diversity is critical to our success and one of our greatest strengths. We will not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.