Financial Operations Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead the development of the Company’s reporting framework (forecasting and performance tracking) as it evolves in a high growth business. Key stakeholders for this role are:
- Executive Management Team
- Regional Management Teams
- Operational Team
This role reports to the Financial Controller.
As Financial Operations Manager, your duties and responsibilities can be varied depending on the organisation. Your primary role is to act as finance business partner for the leadership team and team leaders on all areas of operational finance.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Own the consolidation of monthly results from Xero, through to Spotlight consolidated reporting, to be included in the monthly board report.
- Update KPI’s in regional forecast models, consolidate the global model and participate in forecast calls
- Design and prepare monthly cost centre reports vs budget for all functional heads, including commentary.
- In conjunction with the CFO, develop the annual cost centre budgets for each functional area.
- Review headcount forecasts with P&C team to ensure all headcount changes are incorporated.
- Prepare and send out monthly & quarterly reporting to investors
- Prepare other management reports as required.
- Recommend and implement changes to tools and the upgrading of tools to facilitate the management reporting process.
- Lead the creation of policies and procedures for the Company’s payment operations, including in the area of disputes and fraud
- Provide primary finance sign off for the Company on risk reviews and other transaction processes as designed above
- Provide weekly reporting to the CFO and leadership team as required on KPI’s, including commentary on exceptions and changes in trends.
- Provide guidance to the operations team in the Philippines (including the assistant accountant).
- Design and lead training the customer facing teams on fraud and disputes with regards to how our customers interact with our app.
Financial Accounting Operations
- Prepare and maintain the compliance calendar in all locations in which the Company trades.
- Liaise with, and monitor performance of, the country based outsourced accounting firms, with reference to the following:
- Participation in quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Sign off annual, quarterly and monthly tax filings
- Approve payments to relevant tax authorities; and
- Other processes as defined in line with company/entity growth..
- Liaise with external auditors of the group and/or local entities (as required), in conjunction with the CFO, to coordinate the execution of any audit or review engagements, including the coordination of country based outsourced accounting firms, where applicable. Seek to lead on implementation of control and reporting recommendations. Design and implement relevant financial policies & procedures (e.g.travel and expense) in conjunction with the CFO and provide training to business stakeholders & finance team (where appropriate).
- Review of cost tracking systems for suitability as business grows (such as Receipt Bank / Trip Action), to ensure they’re optimised and can track information for actual vs budget reporting.
- Assess and propose other financial tools/software to automate and streamline financial processes, as the business grows.
- Ensure banking platforms are optimised for both ease of use and implementation of delegated authority matrix as approved by the Board from time to time.
- Develop and monitor short term monthly cashflow forecasts for each country to ensure sufficient funds are available and facilitate transfers as required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to be “hands-on” at a very detailed level however create meaningful insights for stakeholders from that information.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting concepts to non-finance staff
- Organised and structured in daily duties
- Team player and ability to establish strong relationships
- Knowledge of accounting principles and relevant standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate business partnering
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Google Sheets, Excel and Xero
- Proven experience as a business facing finance professional, preferably in Start-up/fast growth environments
- Professional Accounting qualification such as CPA or CA or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience.
Who you are
- You have a high attention to detail
- You don’t shy away from feedback and you thrive on converting this into development opportunities
- You have terrific communication skills – both written and verbal
- You’re systems and process driven
- You’re happy to be flexible when things don’t go to plan
- You’re an organiser at heart
- You feel most comfortable working to deadlines
- You thrive off working in a team
We are better everyday
We work without ego
We are smarter together
We hero our customer
- We engage in robust and articulate dialogue while maintaining an open mind
- We effectively work autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- We have the ability to focus yet still have a laugh in high-pressure situations
- We are comfortable working with globally distributed teams who bring together complementary skill sets
- We are proactive learners, and encourage the continuous development of our skill-sets
- We are passionate about delivering services to our customers and able to champion their needs
- We are able to think creatively and develop solutions for our customers
Key Internal relationships: Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Executives