Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated project manager to support the engineering product development owners with the setup, and maintenance, of an improved project management framework.
The role reports into the "VP of Engineering" in our Engineering Team.
The core responsibilities of the role are to generate and keep track of clear and complete project plans that include milestones, deliverables, dependencies, schedules, requirements management, critical path analysis and management, budget control, and resources allocations.
The primary focus is to complete regular reviews and provide engineering leadership with reports and dashboards to increase visibility to key leading and lagging project performance indicators.
It will be achieved through the following:
Set-up, application, and maintenance of the Baraja Project Management framework for the Engineering department projects
- High level project planning: build and maintain the project plan along with the Squad leader.
- Project execution: Ensure that the project tasks are tracked and resourced and that the team achieves its committed deliverables on time.
- Budgets: Build quarterly budgets with team leaders to meet project goals and the department development targets. Act as cost controller in the expenditure approval process.
Provide and maintain reporting dashboards on key indicators
- Maintain the reporting architecture and the data integrity for:
- Cost control
- Engineering speed
Coordinate periodic reviews
- Keep notes, track tasks and manage priorities
- Project coordination: maintain excellent time management whilst balancing over multiple projects (e.g. DevOps, Cyber-security, Group’s policy update, infrastructure revamp) at the same time
- Produce material for reviews (based on the reporting process and project plans).
- Gather leaders’ inputs against this material.
Your Skills & Experience
You have a demonstrated experience with Agile and Waterfall planning tools and operated in a hybrid (hardware and software) medium to high volume product development environment and are familiar with rigorous and standardised project management practices and are flexible and able to think “outside the box” to come up with innovative solutions to challenging problems.
You must also have full working rights in Australia.
Ideally, you’d have experience in relational database experience.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine- It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance- Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nany Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!