Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
This team works closely with Senior Executive’s across the company to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business. To support our pace of growth Xero is hiring a Manager within the Global Operations team to join a new team focused on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally. The decisions you will help guide, will represent some of the most important decisions we make each year - how do we deploy our resources and capital, which shapes our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the World.
What you’ll do
● Be a key contributor to ongoing evolution of Xero’s annual strategic planning process, identifying the most attractive opportunities and ensuring Xero is identifying how and where it allocates its resources
● Help structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of stakeholders across Xero
● Be a trusted and respected member of the Global Strategy, Corporate Development and Partnerships function. A key contributor in cross-functional teams to provide strategic support to set and execute on a number of strategic programs of work
● Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support strategic recommendations
● Develop and support the communication of recommendations to the Board, Executive, Senior Management and staff in a clear, concise and impactful way
● Proactively contribute and share reusable assets that can be readily applied across the entire team that continues to make the team more efficient and effective
What you’ll bring with you
● 5+ years of experience in Strategy or Operational roles
● Experience in running strategic projects and managing teams to deliver insightful recommendations that can be implemented - balancing strategic logic with operational realism
● Extensive experience in teams performing complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels (e.g. long-term strategy, internal consulting engagements, and projects that lend a strategic perspective to immediate business opportunities
● Demonstrated success in past roles helping teams develop, priorities and execute choices that led to winning in their chosen domain
● A structured approach to breaking down complex / novel problems, drawing from common toolkits, so that the right strategic question(s) are identified
● Develops well thought through hypotheses using a structured, methodological approach
● Guides the team to access the right information to investigate hypotheses and generate insights
● Accurately models the strategic and financial impact of commercial activities, providing complex analysis to support decision making
● Presents the strategic narrative using logical and concise key messaging with supporting analysis, visuals and tools
● Uses a combination of logic, personal passion, conviction and interpersonal skills to foster support and buy-in
● Manages complex end-to-end/ projects across multiple work streams and distributed teams
● Fosters a continuous learning culture
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.