Senior Product Manager
At Spriggy, we’re helping build the future of money for families and young Australians. Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining Spriggy every day. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures.
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead one of our customer facing product teams and manage Product Managers in a player-coach capacity. This role will report to the Platform Group Product Manager. The platform team is responsible for powering Spriggy across our product suite and foundational transaction services. The right candidate is an experienced product manager, exceptional at communication with internal and external stakeholders and technically literate.
Your challenge and responsibilities
Examples of problems you’ll solve with the team:
- Work closely with the Group Product Manager to define and deliver a platform and technology roadmap that enables solutions across our product suite.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to understand the customer problems and deliver solutions that support the product roadmap.
- Work with internal and external technology and product teams to design seamless and scalable integrations that solve real problems for our Spriggy families.
- Formulate, design and deliver on our key partnerships and integrations to drive our business strategy.
- Consolidate large-scale projects into communicable and actionable project plans. Deliver on large-scale projects alongside the Group Product Manager.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Member Help and Operations teams to reduce manual or repetitive tasks, improving the end-to-end health and performance of our platform services.
- Anticipate product features by tracking dependent product strategies and roadmaps, capturing stakeholder input, monitoring industry advancements, and collecting business needs.
- Translating roadmap items and accepted feature requests into epics and issues, with enough specifications for both for the design team and the engineering team.
- Managing the day-to-day delivery and collaboration between your cross-functional team and making sure it aligns with the product vision.
- Anticipate strategic opportunities and requirements by capturing stakeholder input, monitoring industry advancements, and collecting business needs.
- Manage and develop existing relationships to support the fast paced growth of Spriggy.
Key skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Multi-year experience leading product and technical operations of a fast-growing business.
- Broad understanding of the engineering and product landscape including infrastructure, platforms, consumer products, emerging technology standards and trends.
- You know how to handle a never ending list of customer, stakeholder and founder requests and can ensure the right opportunities are focused on, while recognising that in order to deliver a great product you might have to let some people not be happy in the short term.
- You dream big, while recognising that the best solutions often involve small thoughtful iterations at speed. You’re able to bring big visions to life by constantly thinking about the next smallest thing you can do to solve a problem. You communicate your ideas with sketches, journey maps, wireframes, screen flows and rapid prototypes.
- You recognise that shipping a feature is just the beginning and ask yourself How can we measure success? What are we going to do once the feature has been shipped?
- You use data to inform product decisions, not to validate decisions that have already been made. You’ll use product analytics to know how users are actually using their product, not just rely on their best guess assumptions. You’ll see beyond vanity metrics use data to understand the entire customer journey.
- You love the startup environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a startup before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful startup operates.
- You have worked with cross-functional teams to formulate and deliver on cross-functional initiatives.
- Outstanding communication skills to a diverse audience, including product and technical stakeholders.
- Strong track record of execution of large scale projects that span multiple teams.
- You’re comfortable adapting and solving expected and unexpected challenges.
In the first 3-6 months you will have:
- Solve multiple problems from within the opening “Your challenge and responsibilities” section.
- Deliver on a card project that spans multiple teams and key vendors.
- Support vendor partnerships including formulating, developing and implementing on cross-platform initiatives.
- Worked closely with the product, platform and engineering teams to understand every corner of our internal and customer facing products.
- Support our cross-product strategy alongside the Group Product Manager.
- Get to know regulatory requirements and processes. Outline and implement improvements.
- Have an intimate understanding of the key metrics of the business.
- Get to know the rest of the team through one-on-ones and team events.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorn alongside an exceptional team.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- Grow your career with Spriggy. We’ll shape your development with you.
- A flexible workplace environment (remote first).