FloodMapp is a technology company looking to expand our team to scale our product to access commercial opportunities across the Australian and US markets.
Flooding is the costliest natural disaster, causing billions in damage and taking thousands of lives across the globe every single year. FloodMapp offers real-time flood forecasting and mapping using cutting edge software technology. We work with large organizations including utilities, insurers, energy companies, and government agencies to improve safety and prevent damage to assets in the event of flooding.
At FloodMapp, people are our main focus. The world's hardest problems require the best people. We are relentless in our pursuit to build the best possible team capable of building a safer tomorrow for everyone. We value integrity, communication, accountability and compassion.
As Flood Hydrology Developer, you’ll be an instrumental member of FloodMapp’s growing software development team. You will help to build and manage our growing backend systems as well as helping to guide the direction of our product. This role requires technical experience and a bias towards taking action and assuming responsibility.
● Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering qualification
● 5+ years experience in GIS, data collection, manipulation and analysis.
● 5+ years experience in hydrology including model development and calibration.
● 5+ years experience in 1D hydraulic modelling and 2D flood modelling in either MIKE21, TUFLOW or HEC-RAS
● Previous experience in real-time flood forecasting systems
● Previous experience in Python3 software development
● Proficient with QGIS, GDAL
● Proficient with Git
● Understanding of Python testing frameworks:
○ Unittest and Pytest
● Previous experience with PostgreSQL
● Understanding of PostGIS and SqlAlchemy.
● Excellent communication skills.
○ Fluent in English speaking/listening, reading and writing.
○ Proficient in report writing
● Post graduate qualification (eg MSc or PhD)
● Previous experience in Project Management
● Previous experience in technical leadership roles
● Experience with:
○ JIRA / Confluence
○ AWS Infrastructure
You should have depth and experience with some overlap of the above skills. There will also be a good bit of agility required in the highly dynamic startup environment, so you should be comfortable with new application development and rapid continuous problem-solving. Working on large scale, and novel solutions to huge global challenges requires skills and determination.
More than experience, we’re looking for someone passionate about solving very real and very serious problems at scale. We’re looking for someone with 5 or more years of industry experience, who has a mature and professional attitude and work style.
● Ambition, drive and opinions
● Autonomy, and self direction
● An ownership attitude
● Curiosity and a growth mindset
● Great communication skills
● Humility and respect with the ability to excel in a team environment
● The passion to create a safer future.
We like people like you.
This is an excellent opportunity to get in early and work in a fast-moving, venture backed scale-up company determined to build something amazing that helps solve a real world problem on a global scale.
● Annual salary package of $80,000 - $100,000.
● Opportunity to participate in FloodMapp's Employee Share Option Plan
● Flexible working options
● Laptop computer
● Fantastic end-of-trip facilities including secure bike racks, lockers, shower and change facilities including a towel service.
Please send your cover letter and resume via email to: [email protected]