WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our software solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEPLY PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR CORE FINANCE FUNCTIONS
The Director, Finance is a highly visible position reporting to the Group Financial Controller. Based in Melbourne, the role is responsible for overseeing and managing a number of key Catapult finance functions across global accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and taxation, with particular relevance and accountability for APAC finance operations. This includes managing a team of three staff located in Melbourne, and collaborating with international colleagues on financial reporting and statutory compliance requirements spanning operations in 25+ countries, including the Company’s listing on the ASX. A key responsibility will be ensuring a robust internal controls and policies framework is adhered to for strong governance and financial integrity.
This senior role will suit a confident, commercially astute, dedicated, and highly motivated senior finance leader who can collaborate effectively with an international team, and work both independently and collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
You will have extensive experience in financial accounting and reporting, know what “great” looks like, be a self-starter, be proficient in stakeholder management at all levels, provide key insights, debate opinions, execute processes on time, and autonomously drive outcomes. As a key “front person” internally for the finance team you will have a major impact on our business and the management decisions we make in support of our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Be actively involved in thought leadership regarding system and process improvement initiatives and lead change management initiatives across the group finance function.
- Be instrumental in propagating a high-performance team culture, inspiring pride in the team’s work, vision for the company’s ambitions, and team cohesion through shared values.
- Managing or collaborating with colleagues on specific functions within our accounting and financial control operations globally, including audit, tax, financial reporting, billing, general ledger and consolidation, cash, cost accounting, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and employee share scheme.
- Providing input into the budgeting, planning, and business analysis functions of the company.
- Managing critical external relationships, including with auditors, and tax advisors.
- Manage and comply with government audit, reporting and tax requirements.
- Undertaking a range of special projects, including investor presentations, due diligence, and Board reporting.
- Lead role in the preparation of the half year (4D) and full year (4E) statutory financial
- statements for presentation to the ASX, including all financial statements (income
- statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in equity),
- key statutory disclosures, notes to the financial statements, audit schedules, policies
- and procedures where needed and liaising with external auditors.
- Managing global transfer pricing policies for the group.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 10 years of experience, with at least three working in a similar Finance Manager or Financial Controller position in a complex multi-site environment.
- CA/CPA qualified, you will have demonstrated extensive experience in a commercial finance role, ideally within a high growth, complex, global, and ideally SaaS environment
- You have strong attention to detail and have the ability to motivate and lead a diverse finance team, effectively creating a business partnering environment to assist in commercial decision-making.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor staff.
- Proven ability to implement efficiency-driven change management in core finance processes, systems, workflows, and controls.
- A passion for working cross-functionally to optimize processes and enhance organizational efficiency, particularly in a scale-up environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in preparing reports and presentations.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Workday Adaptive, and Salesforce would be advantageous
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 25 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance. Our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.
All offers of employment are subject to Catapult's positive prehire check. To find out more, please contact the Talent Partner for this role.