Head of Talent Acquisition
Sydney, Australia or Palo Ato, USA
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
You’ll be using your IQ, EQ, positivity and growth mindset to get results. Fast. In a business our size (just north of 150 people and growing) there’s nowhere to hide, but if you want to make an impact, be able to measure that with precision, and see yourself as a key inflection point in the business, you’re going to love it here. We’re an early-stage business which means you get to get to innovate. On top of all that, you’ll be a willing and skilled collaborator able to get the best out of the people around you, and contribute consistently at your best. At Baraja we’re very good listeners, we’re highly empathetic and we’re conscientious - all of which have helped us to iterate and problem solve so quickly.
Inside the Job
- As the protector and gatekeeper of our culture, this role will work across all functions and act a key strategic hub of the growth of the business. We highly values our culture, the diversity of the team and the passion we have for taking our product to market and the impact it will have.
- Design and deliver innovative talent sourcing and pipeline development strategies – drive all talent process, including assessment of talent and capability, strengths and gaps, identification of themes and recommendations.
- Develop and manage our brand - Measured monthly recruiting and tools performance so that we can see and continually improve the key metrics in the business. Management of all 3 party partners, including ATS providers, LinkedIn, Job boards and Talent Branding.
- Build a high performance team: Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions. Lead the sourcing and recruitment process for Baraja's Senior Leadership and strategic roles. Ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation comply with all legal requirements and guidelines globally.
- Together, our differences make us stronger. With a reach across globally, you help us build a workforce that is as diverse so we can build and serve
- Has an inspired track record of success in Talent Acquisition leadership roles, operating with a broad range of senior stakeholders in start-up and Tech organisation
- Has well demonstrated experience working with data to drive business activity that is fit for purpose and strategy aligned
- Good knowledge of industry leading practice, models and solutions across Talent Acquisition, workforce planning, technology, reporting, data & analytics and how these are evolving in the external market
- Come with the experience of transformational change across complex organisations and an understanding of the implications of this change from a people perspective
- A collaborator who works together with peers and stakeholders to identify opportunities and solve for challenges
- To be comfortable working in a high-stakes and high-performing culture
- Good judgement and the ability to make decisions quickly
- Enthusiasm for ‘rolling your sleeves up’, working hard and getting the job done
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Develop sustained high performance - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Build the machine that builds the machine - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- A world-class product in a vertical market that is set to boom.
- A world-class team.
- A base in Sydney, Australia.
- The ability to have real, meaningful impact.
- An evolving culture that is driven by a passion to excel and make an impact.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!