About the role
As Finder continues to grow both locally and globally, the need to have a dedicated resource for managing payroll, answering queries, reporting, managing annual leave and assisting with budgeting and forecasting given employment costs are such a significant portion of the company’s cost base.
The focus will be on Australia and New Zealand, with the added responsibility of consolidating the reporting (not payments as these are done locally) for global payroll budget/ forecast when required.
- Global hackathon days
- Annual “Master your Craft” training budget
- Modern CBD Offices
- Working with the payroll service provider (currently Employment Innovations) to ensure all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, superannuation and any other reporting and ensuring STP (single touch payroll) reporting is met
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state taxes (payroll) and workers compensation payments, ensuring all filing and payments are made within determined deadlines
- Ensuring compliance in the payroll function and driving month end payroll controls
- Providing monthly analysis and commentaries on payroll costs, for monthly reporting packs
- Monitoring and reporting on leave liabilities and providing information to managers to ensure these liabilities are managed effectively, including driving annual leave balance opportunity to ensure that crew are utilising their annual leave
Desired Experience and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate a great attention to detail
- Well organised and can multi-task plus deadline focused
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain how employee pay works to new employees - including any benefits such as superannuation.
- A solid grasp of mathematics
- Given the position is exposed to confidential information a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Worked in a larger company’s payroll department and understands how a well managed payroll function operates and now looking to be sole person responsible for payroll
- Business or finance degree or studying one with a view to being promoted to a accounting role in future
- Understand how salary sacrifice offers work (car leases, etc) & FBT impact
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.