As a global fintech company, Openpay are defining the next generation of payments. We believe people and businesses should have freedom and flexibility in how they pay with no hidden catches.
Openpay (ASX: OPY) is an omni-channel payment solution that provides customers with flexible, interest-free payment plans, in-store, online and through the Openpay App.
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission. As an established Australian business, we’re continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the world Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our Marketing Team nailed that one!) This Amberfication is led by in-store, mobile app and on-line payments.
About the opportunity:
The Head of Automotive will be responsible for building vertical specific sales and utilization strategies. You will work closely with the CCO to deliver continual growth of vertical revenue through building go to market strategies to identify, lead and close major business opportunities that position Openpay as a leader within their vertical in BNPL sector.
Responsibilities also include, building the vertical team structure, comprising an existing sales team and account managers. It will be important that you play a role in supporting a great working environment, respectful and high learning culture.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leverage existing networks within the automotive sector
- Work to and achieve sales and utilisation targets
- Meeting with and communicating with new and existing customers
- Working with new and existing partners to develop partnership opportunities
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Preparing proposals, presentations, pricing and contract negotiation
- Developing strategic plans related to acquire merchant customers and the proposed solution
- Assist with marketing strategy, sales and account management support
- Continually evaluate business and sales processes and recommend improvements
- Build and manage high performing sales / acquisition and account management teams
- Participate in revenue budget forecasting and ongoing reporting for management and board
- Manage demanding merchant requests and requirements
- Stay current with changes and developments in the industry
- Gathering competitive information on products and services and sharing with internal stakeholders
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required
- Develop trusted partner relationships with key customers to retain and grow revenues over time
The Team you’ll be joining
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever changing team.
As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciate and support each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
What you’ll need to have:
- Experience in the automotive service industry
- Proven senior sales leadership experience, demonstrating evidence and ability to close deals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent consultative sales and relationship management ability to run deals, end to end
- Self-starter, presentable with high energy, motivation and focus on achieving targets
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- A dynamic personal presence whilst also being a true team player and leader
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A positive attitude that is flexible and open to change
- Able to manage priorities, be exceptionally well organised, methodical and deal well under pressure
- Preferably degree and/or higher ed qualified
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.