At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
The team and role
SEO has been a major part of our success today, and we’re looking for a Global SEO Lead to continue this trajectory and help us scale user acquisition exponentially.
As the Global SEO Lead, you’ll not only have a deep understanding of SEO at scale, but also a vision for how the channel can contribute to Canva’s mission of empowering the world to design.
You believe strategy is as much about deciding what not to do as what to do, and are comfortable making tradeoffs in alignment with the broader company roadmap and goals. You’re passionate about all things SEO and are considered an expert in your field.
You’re not interested in making small step-changes. You’re motivated by scaling growth exponentially and have a proven track record of doing so.
You not only thrive on growth but on building world class growth teams, and look forward to the challenge of doing so at Canva.
What you'll do:
- Own the Global SEO strategy across Canva, identifying both short and long term growth opportunities, prioritising ruthlessly, and working alongside product and engineering leaders to build a roadmap to support Canva’s ambitious organic growth goals.
- Own SEO growth goals across all markets, defining the strategy and approach for scaling growth internationally, and building out the teams and processes to do so.
- Contribute to the roadmap directly – you’re a hands on leader and excited to contribute directly to our strategy and goals.
- Be the champion of SEO at Canva, enabling the organization as a whole to understand and align to a common vision of SEO. You’re a natural leader and passionate communicator, always finding ways to educate, convince and align teams to commit to, and execute, SEO projects.
- Develop a world class SEO culture at Canva, mentoring key leads within the existing SEO speciality team, as well as contributing to growing this team.
- Own and develop the framework of how the SEO program directly contributes to the core business, including reporting on the overall performance of SEO over time and drawing actionable insights to further improve growth.
- Champion a growth mindset, leveraging world-class experimentation tooling.
- Own and develop the process of launching SEO projects at Canva. You will find ways to scale and automate how we do things, building out the team from a people and technology point of view.
What we're looking for:
- A candidate who can point to the direct impact they’ve had on a company’s SEO strategy, with at least 5+ years owning and leading SEO strategy.
- A full-stack SEO, with a deep understanding of both the content strategy side of organic search, as well as the technical, platform driven side, being well-versed in scaling and setting up both for growth.
- A strategic, results driven leader that can formulate and inspire others around the vision for SEO at Canva – clearly communicating the value of a SEO project to any audience.
- A leader who is passionate about building world class teams.
- You possess keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to your colleagues.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world’s fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day.
- Free Yoga membership.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Sponsored social clubs and team events.
- Fun and quirky celebrations.
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates.