Our customers are at the centre of everything that we do. We want them to love coming to Catch and have the best possible experience. Our UX specialist is a true advocate of the user to understand exactly what it is they want and implement it! We listen and we make things happen.
What does a normal day look like for our Catch UX folk? Well we don’t do normal! We do awesome every day.
In this role a normal day might go something like this:
- You walk in the morning, get your coffee, open your laptop and put on your headphones while watching the session recording of a page you are currently analysing.
- As you do that you remember that it has been a week since your checkout A/B test went live, so you open your testing dashboard to see the conversion rate gap between the groups.
- Numbers are not as you would expect so you set a meeting with the BI manager to dig deeper into the test.
- You annotate your Us
The role will include:
- Conduct usability testing (internal and / or external) for key tasks on the website / mobile website / iOS & Android apps
- Review user feedback for website, mobile, iOS and Android app.
- Translate feedback into user stories, user journeys and wireframes to improve the user experience on the website & apps.
- Conduct UAT in staging and production for newly developed and deployed changes to ensure the UX journey is implemented as per scope.
- Possess technical understanding of our systems, so you will be able to recommend UX enhancements with a high ROI.
You’re a detail oriented person, who notices things that people say or do (or do not say or do) to fill in gaps and paint a picture of the Customer, User, Seller, or Employee to inspire constant improvement.
Collaboration and constant communication is very important in this role. There are many interesting projects and studies underway and in a high performing product and tech team, we can move quickly to test recommendations and improve our customer experience.
At Catch, we love what we do and we put the customer at the heart of everything.
Ready for a really long sentence? All rounder UXers with strong attention to detail, a knack for unpicking complex problems; and articulately constructing intuitive and simple solutions for customers to enjoy. Piece of cake!
- eCommerce industry experience
- Usability testing across different platforms and devices- definition, execution, analysis and prioritisation of actions based on expert evaluation
- Experience is system and user process flow mapping, analysis, and optimisation
- Define and present use cases and user flows
- Create low fidelity wireframes to communicate desired functionality and flows
- Craft mid-fidelity clickable prototypes to validate with customers
- Working with stakeholders to address UX requirements
- Briefing and collaborating with digital designers - appropriate documentation and direction
- Data driven design decisions
- Conducting focus groups, user interviews and surveys
- Working within cross-functional teams (Customer Service, BI, Dev, Design, Product)
- Stakeholder management
Nice to have
- Relevant degree/qualification in human cognition/HCI/UX
- Project management skills
- AB testing and analytics experience
Sounds like you’d be a good fit? Well check out what we provide our passionate people:
- An organisation that is undergoing incredible growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life’ balance (we just say live your life)
- Employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more…
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.