We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed. Our ecommerce team is growing and needs a keen Ecommerce Intern to help us with our growth. You’re a passionate individual who wants to get deep into a brand, and work in an environment where things just get done, good ideas are given green lights, and you have the freedom to do what’s best. You’ll never be doing coffee runs — you’ll be executing on tasks that have a direct effect on our brand and bottom line.
This is a 2-day per week, 3 month PAID internship, with a view to extend if the circumstances allow. We’re looking for someone just starting out in their career, who is ready to learn and grow in a thriving eCommerce environment. We aren’t looking for the most experienced candidate, but instead, someone who is passionate and willing to roll up their sleeves with the rest of us and get their hands dirty.
You’ll be reporting to the Ecommerce Manager and will be working with project coordinators, our developers, and a sizeable creative team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assist in the day-to-day requirements of the website. If you were here last week you might have:
- created a blog post in our CMS (content management system)
- migrated old content to a new template, working with our design team to ensure that it meets our brand guidelines
- assist with loading products into our Shopify store, ensuring that pricing and product specifications are correct in a bulk spreadsheet
- reviewed the SEO optimisation of our collection pages in line with recommendations from our agency
- reviewed the functionality of a new feature on the website, ensuring that it works well on multiple devices
We are a growing business so it’s all hands-on deck at certain times. This can include:
- Inventory shipment receiving
- Warehouse stock takes
- Assisting with copywriting
- Order picking during sales periods
- A marketing student or a recent graduate in a marketing, business, or similar degree.
- You have both desire and curiosity to thrive and learn about the world of ecommerce and digital.
- You have an analytical mind, are results-oriented, with an appetite to learn.
- You’re flexible and accountable, with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You’re empathetic. You can put yourself in the shoes of our customer and in turn truly care about their experience.
- You’re target and output focused; execution is your strong point.
- You’re a natural-born problem solver; this role will come across many problems day-to-day and requires a lateral thinker to solve problems quickly and efficiently. You don’t always have to get it right, but be willing to tackle the problem head-on.
- You understand the nature of a start-up business and how quickly and effectively you need to be at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You have a constant thirst for knowledge and learning opportunities.
- You might not have years of experience, but you have a passion to learn and grow in a thriving eCommerce environment.
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links to our newly renovated office in Brunswick
- Sweet Dreams Day - a day off on your birthday
- Weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, biccies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly fridays
Be a part of an energetic and fast-growing business where every day is different, every achievement is celebrated, and we’re only just getting started.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.