Engineering Manager, In-store App
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Engineering Manager for In-store App, you’ll be focused on initiatives that will engage & delight millions of users around the world while creating value for our merchants and Afterpay’s business.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of Afterpay standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
- Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
- Shared responsibility for Architecture of the system
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
- Ensure the team is collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams consisting of designers, product managers, engineers, and QA in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of engineering leadership experience
- 5+ years of mobile engineering experience working as a software engineer, building and maintaining mobile applications
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for front-end / app development as well as working with backend teams for a full-stack solution.
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
- Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
How we reward you. We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for your hard work. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer equitable and a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits. We offer all of the benefits that you’d expect from our equity share matching plan to our market leading parental leave policy. We are proud to support working parents with our parental leave program including up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.