Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16+ markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class ecommerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
We are rapidly growing our New York City Engineering team. We’re looking for experienced frontend engineers to help us build world-class products.
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll:
- Collaborate with teammates across product, design, and engineering to brainstorm, plan, and build features for existing and new products
- Build and maintain complex, varied browser-based UIs
- Build and maintain large, state-heavy applications
- Build and maintain SDKs used by our clients
- Optimize code we deliver to users for maximum performance. Every millisecond and kilobyte matters
- Maintain and elevate our standards for code quality
- Support and mentor other engineers on best practices, architecture, and quality
To thrive in this role you should have:
- A strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work. From code to documentation to communication
- A product-focused approach to programming. You work to maintain the highest quality of code possible, but you don’t lose sight of the end goal of shipping products
- Deep understanding of semantic HTML
- Experience building complex and responsive layouts using CSS
- Experience with, or a desire to learn, TypeScript. We use it a lot
- Deep understanding of HTTP fundamentals; making requests, setting headers, etc
- Experience consuming RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD automation
To thrive on the team you should have:
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for complex systems. Our products have many different components. You’ll come ready to work to understand the systems to make sure your projects stay healthy and secure
- An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and Jira issues
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, you should still consider applying. We want to hear from you.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.