Afterpay is on a rocket ship blasting toward becoming the world’s favourite way to pay, and we're looking for talented people to join our mission to get there.
We're a team with big dreams and the motivation to make them happen, so we're looking for an adaptable, customer-centric superstar who can roll up their sleeves and help us find the right solutions. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
Reporting to our Director of Partner Marketing, the Senior Partner Marketing Manager is a critical part of this tight-knit team of sharp marketing strategists. This team is accountable for the success of our most prolific relationships. It is a multi-faceted role where no 2 days are the same. This role is perfect for someone who thrives on leading teams to deliver success, is looking to flex their strategic thinking, and also loves being involved in the delivery of campaign activity.. As our portfolio diversifies so does our remit and delivery so the opportunity for growth is huge.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to strategy and plans, bringing fresh thinking, new, innovative ideas, and experimentation into the approach to aid learning and drive ongoing performance improvement
- Develop marketing strategies and initiatives for allocated portfolios
- Manage the implementation of all scheduled marketing activities
- Support the broader marketing team and represent our Partners’ perspective in various internal forums
- Work with external agencies/suppliers to deliver strong, best practice co-marketing efforts in market
- Champion our brand & merchant value proposition – externally and internally
- Manage budget for allocated portfolios to gain maximum cost-effectiveness and ROI
- Manage the performance of the team, coaching and developing them and building capabilities aligned to business strategy
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to build, monitor and enhance our offering with the goal of retention, sales conversion, marketing efficiency, and customer experience
- Smart, energetic, full of ideas and passionate about what you do
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, ability to think innovatively
- At least 5-8 years through-the-line strategic marketing experience
- Extensive experience leading and delivering large end-to-end integrated marketing programs with a proven record of achieving ambitious sales targets
- Highly-driven leader with a demonstrated ability to inspire and get the best out of those around them
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience in managing partner agencies and suppliers, and proven ability to evaluate and challenge recommendations
- Excellent relationship management skills; proven ability to collaborate, influence and challenge recommendations
- Articulate communicator with experience presenting results, insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Open to learning, creative problem solving and change
- A hands-on person that isn’t afraid to jump in and do-the-doing
- Degree qualified in Marketing/Communications and/or a relevant field