Our Company: Faethm by Pearson is an augmented analytics platform that provides scenario-driven predictive analytics on the impact of external trends on the workforce. Our SaaS AI-driven capability is the world’s data source for navigating external impacts like AI/ robotic technologies, the evolution of work, and Covid-19 on the workforce. Our data, analytics and insights help clients evaluate the impact of these trends on any economy, industry, organisation, or job to suggest viable transition pathways for impacted employees into 'future proof' career pathways.
The role: Faethm’s data science team is responsible for the development of core IP through a scientific research-driven approach. We are looking for talented individuals to contribute to the expansion of our data science IP.
- Utilising appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive modelling, and simulation methods to develop new methods to help our clients navigate the future of work.
- Implementing complex analytical techniques and experimental methods independently to develop solutions to achieve business outcomes, using computational methods to discover data patterns and to develop classification, prediction, and optimisation models
- Model training & development, validation & evaluation, performance monitoring and calibration.
- Performing qualitative research, data analysis and visualisation in the areas of workforce training, skills and education.
- Explaining highly technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders.
- End-to-end data science execution including scoping, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of predictive models
Skills / Experience:
- MS or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or equivalent fields.
- At least 2 year’s professional experience working as either a data analyst or data scientist.
- Strong foundation in applied machine learning and statistical models such as XgBoost, Bayesian statistics, linear/logistic regression, time series analysis, neural networks, principal component analysis, etc.
- Experience using Python for data science workflows (such as jupyterlab, pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, xgboost etc).
- An understanding of core AWS components, working in Sagemaker and GitHub, and awareness of the emerging technology landscape.
- Prior experience of working with job ontologies such as O*Net and ESCO and labour data would be a bonus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with other scientists and analysts in both office-based and remote working environments
- An ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team
- An ability to build relationships with stakeholders and peers across the organisation
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills
Join Faethm by Pearson and you will: Work for an inventive, purpose-driven and civic-minded company with an ambitious but realisable mission and vision that tackles a very real and globally important issue. People are our secret sauce, at Faethm we pride ourselves on working hard and having fun! What are you waiting for? come and work with an amazing team of professionals, in an autonomous, agile, yet supportive, flexible and fun environment!
Faethm is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.