Afterpay’s mission is to power an economy in which everyone wins, to play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product and we see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Offered by more than 70,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We also have offices across the globe including New Zealand, USA, China, UK and Europe!
As Afterpay’s Senior ML Platform Engineer, you’ll join our Data Science Engineering Team and make an immediate impact on our product. You will influence many aspects of our business through architecting our core ML Platform. This is an exciting opportunity to make a direct, tangible impact on our product and work on projects that are pivotal to our team’s success and our company’s growth.
What you'll be doing
• Develop highly scalable systems, algorithms and tools on one platform to support machine learning solutions.
• Build search/recommendation platform.
• Develop, integrate and optimize end to end AI pipeline.
• Explore state-of-the-art deep learning techniques.
• Partner with data science and domain engineering teams to support the business transformation through AI.
Who are you?
• BA/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field.
• Experienced in building and maintaining applications that utilize a modern programming language, mainly Java and Python.
• Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or equivalent.
• Experience on architecting large scale distributed system.
• Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution.
• Passionate about continuously learning new technologies, frameworks, and services.
• Possess an execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed.
• Serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks.
• Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills.
How we reward you
• Flexible work from home arrangements (Hybrid or fully remote model of working)
• Equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave
• Beautiful office space in Southbank with all snacks, beverages and catered meals
• Open ACG accounts and AWS certification reimbursements
• Additional wellness days (extra days of leave) and company-wide wellness hours
• Afterpay swag, did someone say Afterpay socks?
• Paid team outings, UberEats Vouchers & Afterpay credit on Afterpay day!
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.