Established in 2021, ChefPrep is an online marketplace that provides a wide range of premium food products made by loved restaurants and food producers, right to your doorstep. We bring the power of ecommerce and fulfilment to food producers and we provide customers with great food experiences at home!
We have experienced huge growth since our launch and we are always on the look-out for people who share our vision and love solving challenges for our customers.
About the role
We are assembling the Engineering team and seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to eventually lead one of our upcoming cross-functional Agile teams. The ideal person either has a background as a Technical Lead or is a strong Senior Software Engineer who is looking to take that next step up in their career. We have just started building our own ecommerce platform on top of an open source framework that will be a game changer and revolutionise the market. This is a greenfield project: no legacy code to deal with! This is primarily a back-end focused role but some front-end development will be required every now and then.
As we scale Product and Engineering from 4 to 18 people in 2022, you will be working closely with the CTO driving decisions around architecture, processes and best practices. The plan is that, by the end of the year, you will be leading a team, from a technical perspective, composed of 3 other Software Engineers, 1 QA Engineer, 1 Product Manager and 1 Product Designer. The team will have ownership and be accountable for an area of the product and work collaboratively to deliver the desired outcomes.
- You thrive in a startup environment, where at times there is chaos and uncertainty but almost endless opportunities and interesting challenges.
- You have a can-do attitude. If requirements are unclear, you go after the information you need and make it happen.
- You are an owner. You take pride in your craft and welcome being held accountable for it. You have high standards and ensure the team follows established conventions.
- You know how to keep a balance between quality and speed of delivery, understanding when and what sort of compromises can be made.
- You understand the fine line between over and under commitment for the team. Although ChefPrep is a start-up with huge goals, work-life balance is crucial: what matters is that we deliver what we commit to.
- You appreciate mentoring and upskilling other engineers and think of the code review process as a good knowledge sharing tool.
- You fully grasp the importance of and enjoy writing documentation.
- You communicate your ideas clearly and feel comfortable engaging with different stakeholders representing the team from a technical standpoint.
Your experience and skills
- Sound experience with GraphQL is essential - all of our APIs are GraphQL-based
- Good knowledge of SQL. Experience with TypeORM is highly desirable
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Solid background in CI/CD processes and tools (we use GitHub Actions)
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS services including but not limited to VPC, EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, Route 53, RDS, SQS, CloudTrail, CloudWatch and IAM
- Experience with Angular is a massive plus
- Previous experience with eCommerce and/or marketplaces is highly appreciated