From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
Here at Afterpay we are currently searching for the ideal candidate to join our Enterprise Risk team as the Senior Manager Operational Risk in Melbourne. In this crucial position you will support our global business in maturing its Operational Risk framework including controls and assurance, whilst being a risk management champion. As part of our Enterprise Risk team you will be included in supporting the ongoing risk agenda, involved in other risk management activities along with delivering the risk roadmap. This is a permanent, full time position, reporting to our Global Head of Enterprise Risk Governance and Operational Risk.
Your responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
- Leading the business in identifying and assessing operational and compliance risks globally
- Advise the business on risk related activities
- Lead the operational risk response to incident and issue management internally, including the analysis of new risks and controls to mitigate future events
- Promote and assist business partners to complete risk assessments and follow up of mitigating actions
- Promote the risk culture by participating in the development and delivery of training and awareness materials
- Assist the Global Head of Enterprise Risk Governance and Operational Risk with the relevant risk related reporting and activities
- Extensive experience in second line risk management positions, ideally within a financial services or ASX listed environment
- Detailed knowledge and involvement with Australian and International risk standards including iso 31000
- Experience in running risk workshops, providing training and influencing others
- Experience implementing new risk programs and/or tools would be highly regarded
- You’re an individual who likes to be hands on and in the detail, but also have strategic conversations and understand the ‘bigger picture’ impacts and goals
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority