Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$150M (pacing to $170M in 2021) and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the Experimentation Platform team. Our team builds and maintains services that facilitate rapid controlled digital experiments (A/B, multivariate, holdout, etc.) for retailers, providers and marketers that are part of the Rokt global network. Some of the services you will work on include a self-service experiment management portal, a real-time traffic allocation and user targeting service, and a data processing and advanced statistics (frequentist and bayesian) engine.
We are passionate about building robust, fast, well-tested, observable, scalable, low latency and data-intensive services. We design solutions collaboratively as a team, respect each other's opinions and strive to solve the most complex problems the business puts in front of us. We’re looking for engineers to move fast, iterate quickly, solve problems in a complex and diverse ecosystem, and keep complete ownership of systems including building, running and monitoring.
- Develop high-quality, performant and easy-to-maintain code and tests
- Design complex product features end to end, conduct spikes and builds prototypes to test ideas
- Actively participate in peer code reviews, and mentor more junior team members
- Maintain observability, reliability and performance of our services in AWS/Kubernetes environment
- Keep ownership of the systems, and respond to system alerts should they arise
- Facilitating collaboration within and outside of the team to evolve systems we maintain
- You have 4+ years of commercial software development experience
- You have experience in multiple programming languages, preferably Java and Python
- You have a background in designing and building high-throughput low-latency distributed systems
- You have solid experience with a major cloud provider, preferably AWS
- You can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing
- You’ve built, operated, monitored, and maintained production applications
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.