At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, Home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Senior Buyer to join our Sports Team (Womenswear).
- Own and drive multi department strategy, vision and budget planning (Wholesale, MP, Hybrid) in conjunction with Buyers, Planners, Buying Manager and Category Manager
- Must own & buy a strategic or complex department code of significant value.
- Full ownership of trade within one's own department, incl. replenishment, stock swaps, RTS, CAYG in order to hit approved budget
- Owns and guides junior buyers and buyers to purchase the most relevant range for the desired customer
- Identifies and implements best practices in buying principles and ability to scale departments in a profitable manner
- Actively contributes to brand acquisition or creation strategy supporting buyer/ BM / CM as required by identifying new potential brands
- Completes and supports all facets of contract negotiations with new potential brands
- Full understanding of onboarding procedure and contracts and help team to complete
- Supports and develops own relationships with internal key stakeholders
- Present monthly forecast to senior management interpreting performance using a detailed understanding of the WSSI and key levers of trade within department in collaboration with planner
- Accountable for intake and OTB management to identify opportunities, flag risk with BM/CM/Planner
- Effectively manages brand relationships with strategic and profitable outcomes
- Constantly challenges the status quo to drive efficiency and improvement in processes
- Uses clear customer focus to identify opportunities for improvements/ expansion to the customer onsite experience
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure customer persona alignment to execute a well-rounded offer
- Local and international market, trend and competitor knowledge relevant to the ANZ market
- Identifies promotion/marketing opportunities for the division in order to drive sales and provide a competitive and exciting retail experience for the customer
- Plans and signs off buyership ranges in conjunction with planner in terms of lifecycle, stock management, phasing and margin, etc
- Is fully aware of any product legal requirements and ensures all relevant labelling is correct and present
- Conducts SWOT analysis leading to strategy reviews which is able to succinctly be presented to senior management
- Manages and leads junior team members
- Motivates and supports other members of the division
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business.
- Ideally you will have previous experience as a Senior Buyer working in high volume business
- Skilled in Excel reporting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Strong communication skills with a great eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A strong team player who embodies our ICONIC Principles
- A love for all things SPORTS,LIFESTYLE and FASHION
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.