Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team!
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will commence with several rotations within technology functions at Baraja. Upon completing these rotations, you will have a good understanding of Baraja’s technology and be ready to deliver results and make a real impact.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will also need to enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Start dates will be between October 2021 to March 2022.
Inside the Job
- Create high quality designs for low and high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Deliver rapid prototype iterations to prove system concepts
- Review designs for mass manufacturing processes and to minimize component cost
- Create clear component specifications and open communication with suppliers.
- Ensure establishing of controlled supplier process to deliver system outcomes
- Develop ability and experience to accurately plan tasks and project milestones while communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Root cause analysis and manage solving of complex mechanical problems
- System and component designs verified to meet regulations and customer needs
- Design and execute test plans to characterise components and confirm design direction
- Drive implementation of new mechanical processes to improve efficiency and productivity within the organisation
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Full Australian working rights.
- Demonstrably high levels of interest and enthusiasm in a hands-on technical area.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills; the ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Interest in the automotive industry.
- Familiar with Python, VBA and C.
- Familiar with the agile methodology.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, please apply!