Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
A key contributor to our Financial Control team, your accounting skills will support Afterpay in maintaining the financial systems and processes to ensure that financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant. With relevant accounting requirements and expectations for the Australia and New Zealand operating entities, you will report directly into our ANZ Finance Manager. Unlike a traditional accounting role, you will be exposed to the fast changing world of Afterpay!
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- You will contribute to the financial control function for ANZ being a key part of the month-end close and year-end close and ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Partner with the Accounts Payable and Merchant settlements teams to maintain best practice policies, processes, and internal controls to ensure the highest standards of financial integrity are attained as well as alignment with global ways of working
- Partner with the ANZ Finance Manager to improve accuracy and efficiency of internal reporting optimising the Global ERP and other systems.
- Assist with daily bank reconciliations
- Play an integral part in the month end accruals
- Contribute to monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Merchant reconciliation and queries
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements (BAS)
- Review of contracts to ensure merchant payments are accurate
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You have a solid understanding of accounting with a love for numbers
- 1-2 years industry experience in Accounting
- Excellent numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- General understanding of accounting and tax concepts
- Proficient computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Basic knowledge of SQL preferred)
- At minimum, you hold a commerce degree ( CA OR CPA is a bonus)
- Experience working in a team environment, with active stakeholder engagement
- You are excited by our Afterpay journey and want to contribute to our fast-changing environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices