Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. Take a peek at our fair and personalised loans, our round-up app, and our free credit scoring dashboard.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.
Keen to put your smart part to work? You’ll need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident based out of Sydney to apply.
About the Job
Our vision to bring financial wellness to all Australians can only be achieved through ensuring our ecosystem of beautiful, simple-to-use digital products are aligned to our customers’ needs. By analysing data and identifying key opportunities, we are always building, iterating and learning from our customers.
This is a unique opportunity for a Mid-level Product Designer to join our fast-growing business, focusing initially on enhancing all things “front of funnel”, such as rethinking our loan application process and website experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to design and deliver solutions that have tangible impact to Wisr’s purpose and business outcomes as we continue to scale.
You’ll report to the Head of Design and be working closely with your Product Owner, and a cross-functional team of marketing specialists, designers, writers and engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Regularly meet with customers and clients and obsessively learn how they use our products to ensure we are delivering valuable outcomes and experiences
- Work independently and at times in collaboration with a senior designer, using figma to create lo, mid and hi-fi prototypes.
- Test and iterate prototypes based on customer insights, refining to deliver dev-ready solutions that present the best first impressions of the Wisr ecosystem
- Take a mobile first approach when designing experiences. You’ll consider the bigger picture of end-to-end journeys as well as the micro details such as required states and use cases
- Work with content creators to define UX writing that is simple and on brand
- Mentor junior designers and participate in building the design practice at Wisr
- Bonus points for adding animation and/or illustration skills to the mix of what you’ll do!
Who You Are
As Mid-Senior Product Designer, you will own and deliver end-to-end solutions to solve customer and client problems that move business metrics.
- Strong design all-rounder – a craft-oriented product designer with a portfolio that demonstrates sound understanding of design principles of layout, typography and visual hierarchy. You pay attention to the details to make user experiences simple and delightful.
- Outcomes focused – you ensure that your design meets the outcomes / success metrics set at the beginning so that we can balance between delivering the best customer experience & meeting business objectives.
- Dedicated to digital experiences – 3+ years of experience as a product or digital designer working in agency or studio environments with high proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Active contributor – you love contributing your unique skills to solving complex customer and business challenges by working closely with team members and showcasing the value of UX and customer-centric design practices
- Organised – You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change and are able to navigate unknowns in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities at the same time.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don’t rule yourself out just yet. If you’re interested, we would love to hear from you, so get in touch!
Our culture & perks
- Family friendly and flexible work culture
- $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
- Generous paid parental leave
- Udemy pass to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your parents)
- Share incentive programs
- Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House, what a view!
- Fortnightly Friday lunch club and endless snacks
- Casual dress code (Chucks encouraged!)
- Table tennis and regular tournaments
- Arcade machine & massage pod
- Regular social events and awesome team offsites
- It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ll be joining a high-performing team with a focus on psychological wellbeing and safety. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr – that’s where you’ll do your best work.
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities.
Bonus points for a kickass cover letter addressing the role and how you’ll make an impact here @ Wisr!