Who You Are
Are you an exceptional and well-rounded technology marketer looking to take the next step in your career and join a fast-growing company where you can have a big impact?
We’re looking for an experienced growth-focused marketing director to develop go to market strategies and connect with the buyer across the customer journey.
You will be experienced in managing a team and have a strong understanding of paid media, and content marketing, along with well-rounded experience in PR, communications, and brand development.
This is a key hire for Whispir. You will report into the CMO with the autonomy to develop go to market strategies that fuel our demand and lead generation. To support you in your work, you will work closely with the Australian and global marketing team, including campaign managers, performance marketing specialists, and content marketing colleagues, plus the Australian sales team.
This is the perfect opportunity to help build a world-class marketing team at a fast growing company that’s focused on changing the way the world communicates for the better.
What You Will Do
- Manage and develop the Australia-based marketing team
- Develop go to market strategies and marketing strategy with measurable results
- Help develop and input directly into marketing best practices
- Guide the day-to-day activities of marketing team members including Content, Design, Marketing Automation, Growth Marketing, and external agencies,
- Build a strong relationship between marketing and sales to develop focused go to market strategies and plans
- Advise and assist the sales leadership team with lead generation campaigns and initiatives that align with go to market strategy
- Coordinating with other teams inside Whispir including Product Marketing, PR, and internal communications.
- Working closely with Product Marketing to ensure we are championing our product story and defining product marketing needs for ongoing digital marketing and specific campaigns
- Oversee the development and implementation of other marketing and communications initiatives, including sales collateral, events, client case studies and stories, support PR with press releases and pitches, awards nominations, executive comms, etc.
- Leading projects as assigned, such as special events.
- Coach and nurture your colleagues
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a marketing leader, with a combination of relevant education and career experience or strong career progression and skills development
- 8+ years working in marketing with at least 3+ at a B2B technology company
- Proven ability to set a strategy, influence buy in from multiple stakeholders and activate for flawless execution against a plan
- Proven experience in demand and lead generation marketing with a strong understanding of paid media and content marketing
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Team player who can work effectively and efficiently with others
- A passion for communications (we’re a communications platform)
Nice to haves
- Global marketing experience