- Be part of an exciting growth journey with a leading healthtech scaleup
- Full visibility across the entire Finance function, serving a crucial role supporting both financial control and financial planning and analysis
- Self-starter keen to take initiative in a flat management structure and accelerate their career progression
- Located in Sydney’s new Tech Central precinct
Prospection is one of Australia's most exciting venture capital backed healthcare technology companies, having received more than $45m funding in its last round.
A pioneer in health data analytics, Prospection combines advanced AI/ML algorithms with real-world data to unearth health journey insights. We provide actionable real-world evidence that enables better outcomes for patients, across Japan, Asia-Pacific, the UK and USA.
Prospection is building our internal finance team to tackle the exciting challenges ahead as we grow both in Australia and in international markets.
This career defining opportunity for the right Commercial Accountant will have full visibility of the entire Finance function, performing a key role in supporting the financial control (FC) and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) functions. The candidate will receive career development, mentorship and guidance across both functions and regular interaction with the CFO to catapult their career. This role would suit a first mover with strong technical accounting skills who is commercially minded and looking to gain experience in FP&A within a dynamic and agile organisation.
We are looking to build an innovative finance team that can match the continuous change at Prospection as it scales up and expands internationally, delivering the best outcomes to all of our stakeholders. This role will be indispensable to building the internal culture of how the Finance team functions; ensuring it's engaged, approachable and fun!
What the role looks like
The right candidate will hit the ground running, leveraging their existing strong technical accounting skills to support the entire month-end reporting cycle from monthly financials preparation through to Board pack. You will:
- Assist the FC during the month-end process including closing the revenue recognition model for SaaS product sales and consulting revenue.
- Work with the head of FP&A to translate the monthly financial accounts into management reporting packs for Monthly Business Reviews with the Executive team, as well as monthly Board papers.
- Provide business performance analysis and insights through P&L performance tracking against base case and stretch scenarios in the Budget.
- Perform driver and price/volume sensitivity analysis on the global SaaS portfolio including growth opportunities/churn risk as part of quarterly reviews into quality of earnings.
- Assist the head of FP&A to review and analyse the project portfolio profitability to assist business partners preserve value at Gross Margin.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects across the full spectrum of Finance and get involved in strategic cross-functional transformation projects.
- Assist in delivering key annual projects such as the annual financial statement preparation, year-end audit and annual budget process.
How we work
Prospection has a strong values-driven culture and we live these values in everything we do:
Always do the right thing - Seek to build trust and integrity. It’s not about who is right, but rather do what is right for the team, the patients, the client.
Everyone plays, everyone contributes - Enjoy each others company, enjoy the work and have fun. We all contribute to the success of the team.
Get to the heart of the matter - Ask the right question and get to the right answer to create impact beyond expectations.
Bring the future to the present - Be innovative and curious. Be brave and ambitious. Not everything is going to succeed, but have a mentality to make the possible a reality.
Be the ‘Go To’ person - Strive to be an expert at what you do. Share, teach and learn from each other. Our customers come to us for expertise.
- You will have relevant tertiary qualifications in finance and accounting with 3-4+ years in an accounting role (commercial role and/or Public Practice) with a CA/CPA qualification.
- Technically astute with strong financial reporting and analytical skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (financial modeling skills desirable) and excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to package information clearly and concisely.
- Commercial acumen with a high level of competence in business partnering.
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills; able to work independently, take ownership, organise and prioritise competing demands.
- A process improvement mindset and experience in using technology for automation and streamlining processes.
- Experience in Technology and/or Healthcare industries is an advantage.
- Flexible and remote working options - Head office located in Sydney Technology Hub close to Central Station with full end of trip facilities, recreation and games room.
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data driven insights and real world evidence.
- Collaborative & inclusive environment - Prospection supports Innovation, creativity and the sharing of ideas.
- Great team culture - Regular Social and team events with monthly cake days to celebrate birthdays!
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
- Lots to learn - you’ll enjoy learning new skills from your colleagues and will receive mentoring from both the FC and head of FP&A.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume.
We respectfully acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future