Are you ready to revolutionise the world of wireless communications? Morse Micro is seeking a dynamic and talented Principal Communications Systems Engineer to join our groundbreaking team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment and have a passion for pushing the boundaries of wireless technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As a Principal Communications Systems Engineer, your depth of knowledge and leadership experience will play a pivotal role in leading the design, development, and optimization of cutting-edge wireless communication systems, protocols, and algorithms. This role is based in the vibrant city of Sydney, Australia.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Complete design cycle from idea to mass production
- System architecture, design & modelling of WLAN Physical layer
- Design of algorithms to compensate for and calibrate Analog and RF imperfections
- Work with Analog and RTL Design teams to transition from MATLAB/C to RTL
- Cycle and Bit Accurate verification between C and RTL (or other methods)
- Chip bring up on bench, with adequate knowledge of required instruments
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
Required Skills & Experience:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in WLAN/LTE industry
- Proven expertise in communication systems, protocols, and standards such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular networks.
- Experience taking wireless chips to mass production
- Expert understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc)
- Expert in Matlab/Octave
- A good understanding of programming languages such as C and Python
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with a GNU/Linux development environment
- Familiarity with the IEEE 802.11 standard
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with Fixed and Floating point systems
- Familiarity with IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Experience in Instrumentation Automation for lab and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
What it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Principal Communications Systems Engineer.