Who is Bare?
Bare is the new way to funeral. We are a company dedicated to providing accessible, affordable end of life care. Our aim is to change the game in the funeral industry which has long provided traditional, cookie-cutter services that don’t always meet the needs of the modern Australian. We are a holistic end-of-life care provider, allowing our families to grieve in their own way, at their own pace, knowing their loved one is cared for through a simple process by a team who truly understands their needs.
By combining empathy with technology, we’re creating end-of-life experiences that are simple, personalized and affordable. In only three years, we’ve served more than 20,000 families, have become Australia’s most awarded end-of-life provider (with awards in customer service, innovation and digital disruption), and have built a team of more than 100 people committed to changing the way Australians deal with end-of-life. And we’re just getting started.
As part of this mission, we’re growing our Funerals team - and we’d love you to consider joining the mission.
We're looking for an experienced Funeral Director Assistant who is empathetic, passionate and tech-savvy to join our team. Bare’s Funeral team are front-and-centre in creating amazing customer experiences for families who are going through one of the hardest times in their lives. In this role, you’ll be working closely with families to coordinate their funeral services and will also be conducting funerals.
So, what's the role?
- Be in attendance at the Funeral service as a support to the family and celebrant, to greet guests and ensure the event runs smoothly
- Manage event setup including table setup, flower placement, and provide order of service.
- Run music and slideshows on-site AV where required.
You will report into our Head of Customer Experience, in a strong, thoughtful team of arrangement staff.
Ok, that sounds great. Who are you looking for?
This is a hard, but super impactful role. Families come to us in all kinds of circumstances, and we become their trusted advisors through difficult parts of their lives. You need:
- a genuine love of talking to, and helping, people from all walks of life
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment (we get a lot of calls)
- very comfortable working with technology and following processes
- quick to learn new processes and skills
- the ability to take control of a conversation and become a trusted advisor
- comfort in actively recommending our company and services, where appropriate
Most importantly, we want someone who believes in our mission. Everyone at Bare is driven by the impact of what we’re doing, we want to make sure that continues with every new hire that joins our team.
What’s in it for me?
Our employee NPS is extremely high, and for good reason. We trust our team to do amazing work and provide all the tools, support and encouragement to work autonomously. We are totally driven by the customer experience, and do everything we can to ensure like-minded people join the team and love what they do. In addition, we offer:
- Great opportunities for personal growth, promotion, and career development
- The ability to work-from-home - with lots of autonomy and flexibility
- A friendly, fun, and supportive environment - people love what they do at Bare
- Competitive remuneration package (with perks!)
- The change to make an impact at one of the most critical moments in someone’s life
The main reason you will join, however, is because you believe in what we do and are excited about truly transforming an industry.
To join us - apply now with a CV and cover letter!