Koala's mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are looking for a Product Assistant for Textile Development to work across the broad range of products at Koala. You will help us launch products that continue to surprise and delight our customers around the world. Are you ready to take on the career opportunity of a lifetime?
As the Product Assistant for Textile Development you will…
- Step into the role with a deep understanding of upholstery and soft furnishings textiles.
- Be accountable for professional and long term relationships with suppliers.
- Develop a deep understanding of your supplier’s capabilities (e.g. materials, costs, lead times), to ensure alignment with current and future business needs.
- Coordinate all aspects of textile sampling and ensure adherence to sample budgets, arrange supplier payments, and coordinate sample shipping.
- Be responsible for sample and bulk production ordering and tracking.
- Coordinate and lead sample development reviews.
- Take ownership of the timeline by influencing key stakeholders across teams throughout the development cycle to ensure all products remain on track to brief and timelines.
- Drive profitability by negotiating the best prices for new textile developments.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop products that meet our sustainability goals.
- Be responsible for ordering test samples and submitting to 3rd party test facilities.
- Work alongside the QC team with regards managing supplier due diligence and product quality expectations.
What you will bring to the role…
- 2-3 years experience in the upholstery textiles industry.
- The drive and energy to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand the big picture and prioritise competing considerations.
- Ability to take and execute decisions, with a solid sense of accountability and initiative.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way.
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Hybrid working - We’re mixing it up with a couple of days back in the Alexandria Treehouse (office) and work from bed/home (WFB); we want you to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe (T&Cs apply)!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Tuesday lunches, Monthly barbies, socials and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - via our Learning Management platform Juno, as well as individual and team growth budgets and dedicated days.
- Short and long-term incentive plans ensure you benefit as Koala succeeds!
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding, 1% and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.