About Ackama Group
At Ackama Group, we believe technology can make the world a better place. We design and build web applications and websites for diverse clients in many industries. Our focus is always on doing the right thing for our people and our clients.
We strive to build solutions to client problems which find the right balance of speed of feature development, sustainable maintenance and ease of scaling. We also support our apps in production for most clients. We’re first and foremost a service delivery company.
Our team is made up of 60+ across Australia & Aotearoa/New Zealand, with large clusters of staff in Naarm/Melbourne & Wellington. Whilst we are a remote first company, and most of us work from home predominantly, we have coworking spaces available for our team to get together in person (currently Tuesdays & Thursdays) as they’d like. Ackama Group is comprised of mainly developers, designers, project managers, and business development staff. We value the work we do, the people we do it with, and the clients we do it for.
A role you’ll love:
Your role as business development manager for Ackama Group will be focused on driving sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You’ll be working in the sales and marketing team, comprised of 6+ individuals currently, to work towards acquiring new business primarily. Your day to day will involve a range of activities to find new clients, pursuing expansion of accounts, and keeping up to date records on revenue forecasting, invoicing, contracts, and client communications.
We're looking for someone with proven experience in software sales. It’ll be an extra bonus if you bring networks from the energy industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients, and complete follow up activities
- Promote the company’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Co-design and execute the various aspects of the sales processes implemented by the company
- Keep records up to date of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback between clients and project teams and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Create, manage, and grow high-level professional relationships with clients, ideally across divisions and at C-level
- Direct competitor analysis and find key areas where the company can grow market share and cement a leadership position in the market
- Contribute to sales team recruitment as needed
- Provide timely constructive feedback to team members to help uplift the team
- Working with the sales team to help close deals for the business
Your key performance indicators (KPI’s) will be focused on measuring and monitoring:
- Revenue targets being achieved - $2M in revenue per year
- Sales activity targets being reached
- Sales Forecast accuracy and maximisation of profitability
If this kind of work gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you!
We believe that great people can always find their place. Individuals thrive when they can be authentic and true to themselves. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We're open to all backgrounds and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV via this page.
Our process will generally be as follows:
1. A screening interview with our talent team
2. First thorough discussion with our acting Chief Revenue Officer and Head of Government & Enterprise (Sales).
3. A final chat with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO- Breccan McLeod-Lundy)
We promise to be respectful of your time as an applicant while trying to be as thorough as possible in finding the right fit for our team.
Applications only from candidates who are legally entitled to work and are already based in Australia or New Zealand please, with a strong preference for Melbourne based candidates as ideally they can meet the clients in person as and when required.