Douugh is a purpose-led consumer fintech, on a mission to help Australian’s better manage & grow their money to build long-term wealth.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a high growth technology startup. Be involved in the technical decision-making and execution in a collaborative team environment and have the opportunity to learn and apply cutting edge technologies to drive product innovation in the consumer banking industry.
About the Role
As a full stack engineer, you will be taking an active role in the design, delivery and operation of the APIs and backend systems we are building and improving to support our applications and services. This means developing our API in Django and Django Ninja, writing asynchronous tasks with Celery and Airflow, and running the whole thing in AWS. If you love Python and solving problems in efficient, clever, extensible ways, integrating third-party services to provide a unique product offering, and helping us build the best platform we can, then this role is your opportunity to make a real difference to our growing customer base!
You will be a great fit if you:
- Love to write code that your teammates can read
- Learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Love to mentor other engineers and help them improve
- Have a start-up mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible
- Are self-aware and are driven to improve your skills and learn from those around you
- Have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Have extensive experience working with multiple third-party APIs
- Backend API development in Python
- Contributing to the design and architecture of the application
- Contributing to effective documentation and communication of knowledge, systems and processes
- Actively contributing throughout the project lifecycle to offer solutions to problems, and providing support and assistance within the Douugh team
- Following Agile/Scrum practice, methodologies and attitude.
- Leading the response to operational issues and outage
- Bug maintenance & development support for the application
- Extensive experience with Python, Django/Django Rest Framework and Python libraries
- Extensive experience with object-relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Previous experience supporting a live B2C application and product
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating with and managing third-party services
- Experience in deploying and managing solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), using services including RDS, Redshift, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda
Bonus/Nice to Have
- Experience with containerization (Docker preferred)
- DevOps skills, experience with AWS infrastructure configuration (Terraform preferred)
- Experience with data analysis, data pipelines, ETL and query optimisation
- Experience in start-up environments
- Understanding of Mobile development (Swift/Kotlin preferred)
At Douugh, we're a team of talented, dedicated people who have seen how banks and neobanks aren't helping people better manage their finances, or improve their financial health. We are doing something about that.
Born out of the desire to see individuals get better at saving and investing, help focus and improve their spending habits, and make better use of the money they have, Douugh is set to shake up the banking market!
If you have these abilities, and you want to be part of a fintech company that makes a positive difference in people's lives, we want to hear from you! Apply now!
Note to recruitment agencies: Please do not contact us regarding this role. We've got it covered, and won't accept unsolicited resumes.