Are you ready to revolutionise the world of wireless communications? Morse Micro is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Communications Systems Engineer to join our groundbreaking team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment and have a passion for pushing the boundaries of wireless technology, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Morse Micro is shaping the future of Wi-Fi technology for the multi-billion dollar Internet of Things markets. At Morse Micro you will be working with experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented the original Wi-Fi technology that is ubiquitous today.
As a Senior Communications Systems Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing and optimizing advanced wireless communication systems, helping to shape the future of wireless technology. This role is based in the vibrant city of Sydney, Australia.
What we’re looking for:
- Masters or PhD graduates with a degree in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering
- 5+ years industry experience
- A deep understanding of wireless systems (OFDM, channel equalization, digital filters, calibration of direct conversion radios, etc) with strong digital signal processing knowledge
- Familiarity with GNURadio, OFDM and/or 802.11/Bluetooth/Cellular systems is preferred
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and experience with MATLAB or Python for simulation and modeling.
- Proficient in modeling algorithms in Matlab/C/C++, using fixed point arithmetic
- Experience of chip bringup will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge, or ability to learn, revision control systems such as git
- Experience with bringing up complex mixed-signal chips in a lab environment
- Experience in Instrumentation Automation for lab and production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- The capacity to think for oneself and a good team player
- Play a key role in the complete design cycle from idea to mass production
- System design & modeling of WLAN Physical layer
- Design and verification of algorithms to compensate for and calibrate Analog and RF imperfections
- Work with Analog and RTL Design teams to transition from MATLAB/C to RTL
- Cycle and Bit Accurate verification between C and RTL (or other methods)
- Chip bring up on bench, with adequate knowledge of required instruments
- Support of chip qualification and product engineering
- Debug of chip functional and performance problems
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Bay Area (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK), Hangzhou & Shenzen (China) and Taipei (Taiwan).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Lots of snacks & drinks, incl. barista coffee & some of the world’s best beers
- Join a high performing, inclusive company where you can make a real impact
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Senior Communications Systems Engineer.
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
What it's like to work at Morse Micro: